Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Choosing another action as a sub-action then continuing

New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am currently trying to create an action to help with my asset output to reduce human error. My one sticking point is that I would like to have the user choose an action in the middle of my main action and then after the child action has run, go back to the parent action and continue. For example;

• User plays Action A
  • Action A stops and tells the user to choose either Action B, C or D
  • User chooses Action C
  • Actions B and D do not run
  • Action C runs from start to finish
  • Action A continues from the choice.

I feel like this might be too much to handle and either I might have to make multiple actions to handle each option or skip that part. Any help greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with action it cannot be done you could do it with a dialog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can create insert conditional actions into the main action.  If you can tell me why the user would need to choose a different action midway instead of having 3 Different actions I could point you in the right direction as a generalistic approach may not be the best one.

/G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have seen the list of conditionals that can be used but they would not suit my purpose. I think I can get around it by making the user pick a file to open which has the differences built into it. Appreciate the consideration though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines