• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chrome Effect Problem

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the chrome material from Photoshop on my 3D text, it shows purple numbers and a chess pattern on my text. Trouble.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like you have another object, plane, environment or IBL in your scene with a checkerboard texture. Hence the reflections. You will need to go through your scene and find the object and either turn off visibility or allocate a different texture.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,
really thanks for your help. But that can`t be the Problem. I will post another screenshot. Maybe my Photoshop is broken?
I`ve just got 2 more Layers. 1 Wallpaper of Clouds and a picture of a guy.

Maybe I just did something wrong, but the material in the menu also looks kinda wrong. But I am sure It shouldn`t look like that. ^Problem.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2021 Mar 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My reply was accurate .

I've just tested that material and when you apply it, it is applying a checkered environment texture to give the "chrome" something to reflect. You need to go in, by clicking on the "Environment" folder at the bottom right of the material properties panel, choose edit texture and change that texture to something that matches your composite scene (the 3D object can only reflect what is in the 3D layer not what is in other layers).

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines