Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CIDFont, CMap, Font appear everywhere

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone,

A few days ago those 3 folders CIDFont, CMap and Font started appearing on my desktop and random other folders on my hd where I work. I believe it happens when I use Photoshop. All 3 folders contain only one file – AdobeFn21.lst.

I'm running Photoshop 21.1.0 but this behaviour started before I updated to this version. I was hoping the update would resolve the issue.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Hello,

Yes, Adobe is aware of the problem and actively working on a solution.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Thanks for your response. I thnk most people here are see these folders being create on where ever we're save new files to or opening files from. This seems to be happen everytime for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 user here.

Just today, I was saving a file to a networked machine (our file server), and the folders appeared on my desktop. I have since deleted them, however. 

And then, the day I added my original post here (few days ago), I noticed the folders in a client project folder on that same server. 

Lastly, I have a 'scratch' PSD where I screen grab different things for personal reference. This file is stored on my local hard drive. I just searched and found these folders here:

I am attempting to make notes, screen grabs and log which application I'm using. I'm 99% certain the issue is from Photoshop, but I occasionally use Illustrator. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone - hope this helps.

I run two identical machines (Win10-latest).

The one at work has the full package, incl. Illustrator and InDesign and Acrobat Pro ... this one has the same problem as in this threat.

The other, at home, has only the photographer package, so no Illustrator/InDesign, etc ... NO CIDFont, CMap, Font folder invasion there!

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, this is specifically not a photoshop problem. I have these folders randomly creating themselves in After Effects and InDesign project folders as well. Somehow since these folders appear, InDesign seems randomly to slow down very heavily when using the text tool... only a program restart can help then...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have them (umongst other folders with different content, e.g. Acrobat PDF) in folders that contain only PSD and JPG files - so NO Indesign or Illustrator. Above I ment to say just by "having" / "subscribing" to a larger Adobe package might cause it. Again - at home - only Photographer package ... no such CID folders anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Sorry, wasn't meant to be as an answer to your post but a general post 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue W10 .

3 files are created when i save as pdf from PS cc21 : CIDfont CMap and Font with 1 file in each one : AdobeFnt21.lst

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, will there be a fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2020 Mar 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution...you have to go outside and find the highest point...stairs or roof top. Bring your laptop or computer, pick it up over your head and throw it down to the ground and watch it explode into 1000 pieces. It fixes the problem permanently! Of course, you'll have to get another job in another field, but it will make you feel pretty damn good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

Using Windows 10 with Adobe CC 2020 latest update. I believe the folders were appearing before the last update. It started for me on March 3rd and I have 16 instances of the AdobeFnt21.lst file on my data storage drive which I find curious since it appears three folders with three of the same .lst file should appear but it seems I am off by one .lst file (16/3=5.333333).  The three folders also appear in My Docs on the OS drive and there is no file associated to these folders, at least none I can see since I do not use my docs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to prohibit Photoshop and other Adobe programs the saving of the three annoying folders CIDFont, CMap and Font?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with all of our Photoshop users here in our office... Super annoying...

I also use AE and Illustrator but have not noticed them in those folders yet.  pause.... Yep! in AE folders of files I worked on Today! BUT... NOT in the AI folders at all.

Adobe,  PLEASE FIX THIS!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

I have been in touch with Adobe Technical support with regards to this issue.
They are aware of the issue and are busy working on a solution which will probably be in the next release.

For now; we just need to manually delete these folders as and when they appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Yes, Adobe is aware of the problem and actively working on a solution.

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David, 

After the last update; i haven't seen the issue come up again so for now everything seems to be back to normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still having the problem with InDesign, any help!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I uninstalled and reinstalled all programs and Adobe CC.

This did not solved the problem.

It has been almost 2 months now without a fix ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the very same issue and it's frustrating. Not to even mention the client is super laggy as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning (EST, USA).

FWIW.

Today is Thursday, March 19 2020. As of yesterday afternoon I was still finding the mysterious folders—CIDFont; CMap; Font—in random locations: my PC's desktop; in miscellaneous folders on my PC; folder(s) in Cloud storage (OneDrive); apparently, anywhere I was saving work from PsCC and/or AiCC, the only apps I currently use; IdCC occasionally, but haven't in weeks.

G'day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy,

The instances of this bug in Photoshop should be now fixed in the 21.1.1 release.  PLEASE let us know if this issue continues to happen with that version.

Thanks,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This issue is still occuring in After Effects.  I assume it's still under works since you specifically mentioned photoshop being resolved, but just wanted to give an update.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me when I open InDesign files. A bunch of folders that I use pop up again, and inside side is the Font folder and inside that is the AdobeFnt21.lst. Every. Time. I. Open. A. InDesign. So you can see how annoying this is. I have updated to all of the latest versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BrockB,

While the AdobeFnt*.lst files can be safely deleted, do not delete the database files for fonts (ending with .db). See Thomas Phinney's blog from 2006 for a full explantion:

https://blog.typekit.com/2006/11/17/adobefntdb_and/

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines