Highlighted

Cintiq and vanishing dialogue windows

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I recently got a Cintiq Pro 24 but there is an issue with vanishing dialogue boxes.

For example if I try to create a new document the resultant dialogue box does not pop up.

HOWEVER it does seem that the box is open somewhere because if I try to use one of the tools I get the audible warning that tells me the dialogue box is still open and needs to be given the 'ok' or 'cancel'.

Because I cant see it, I have to hit 'esc' which gets Photoshop back to its 'idle' state, evidently closing the dialogue box.

The 'Levels' dialogue box behaves in the same way, but 'Curves' does not and opens fine.

I am on CS5 extended but there appear to be no other issues on the Cintiq so far other than this missing dialogue box issue.

Any thoughts to solve this?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Cintiq and vanishing dialogue windows

New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I recently got a Cintiq Pro 24 but there is an issue with vanishing dialogue boxes.

For example if I try to create a new document the resultant dialogue box does not pop up.

HOWEVER it does seem that the box is open somewhere because if I try to use one of the tools I get the audible warning that tells me the dialogue box is still open and needs to be given the 'ok' or 'cancel'.

Because I cant see it, I have to hit 'esc' which gets Photoshop back to its 'idle' state, evidently closing the dialogue box.

The 'Levels' dialogue box behaves in the same way, but 'Curves' does not and opens fine.

I am on CS5 extended but there appear to be no other issues on the Cintiq so far other than this missing dialogue box issue.

Any thoughts to solve this?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, look in your main monitor.

You might want to open Ps on the wacom, then reset all dialogs in preferences, as they remember their last location.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey PE

Thanks for you reply.

I gave that a go but the problem persists unfortunately. We are obviously on the right lines because I can drag dialogs to my wacom, close them there and they will reopen on the wacom next time i open them.

Unfortunately its only working on a per dialog basis. Resetting the dialog windows in the preferences doesnt seem to work..

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 08, 2020 0