Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cintiq pen pressure not working on Photoshop 2020 on Mac OS

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have been experencing bad pressure sensitivity with the Cintiq 24pro ob Photoshop 2020. It couldn't work since March, after a new update completely messed up the pressure. Please help.

I have been using 2017 version since March and it works fine there, except on 2020 no matter how many updaets came and went.

Cheers,

Kev

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with the pen pressure in Photoshop. Please ensure that you are using the latest version (21.2.3) of Photoshop. Would you mind telling the macOS version you are working on?

You can try the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/tablet-support-faq-photoshop.html

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently using macOSCatalina ver 10.15.6 and yes I have the lateset update for the Photoshop (21.2.3)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2020 Sep 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

I have followed the steps provided and it still doesn't work. The problme is that the brush works well in Photoshop 2017 and not as good in 2020, there is a huge difference in terms of how much the software is catching up on the pen strokes. It is very clearly slower and not as sensitive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the update. Do you have Windows Ink or Windows Tab enabled for pressure sensitivity? Check out the following discussion and try the offered solution: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/wacom-intuos-click-and-drag-does-not-work-in-photohsop-and-...

Let us know the results. 

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines