• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clean Listener.jsx file keeps appearing on my desktop when I load Photoshop 2021

Contributor ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For the last three days, I keep getting a Clean Listener.jsx appearing on my desktop when I have loaded and opened Photoshop 2021, as per the attached screenshot.

I did have to restore my preferences the other day, so not sure if this has anything to do with this file now appearing on my desktop. It never used to appear.

Any ideas on how I can fix this to stop it from happening? Thank you.

Best regards 

Paul

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

You could try removing the two «Clean Listener«-items from the list or uncheck »Enable Events …« altogether, 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What’s in the Plug-Ins Folder? 

Screenshot 2020-11-25 at 13.23.02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me. Here is what's in my the Plug-Ins Folder:Screenshot 2020-11-25 at 13.30.39.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you do a search for »ScriptingListener.plugin«? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, unfortunately, nothing comes up when I search for that.

Screenshot 2020-11-25 at 13.59.53.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I mistook something. 

What are the File > Scripts > Script Events Manager settings? 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/photoshop/photoshop-leaving-cache-icons-and-clean-liste...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem, here you go:

Screenshot 2020-11-25 at 14.04.17.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try removing the two «Clean Listener«-items from the list or uncheck »Enable Events …« altogether, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you, will it affect anything if I remove them, as I seem to remember one of your Tech guys asking me to have these scripts for another issue I add sometime ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of the two »New Document«-items the one removing Ancestor Metadata seems clearly meaningful, the »Clean Listener.jsx« one seems a bit mystifying to me – I suspect it is a meaningless rest from testing but to make sure you will have to take it up with that IT-person. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I have removed the Start Application:Clean Listener.jsx and reloaded Photoshop and the problem seems to have gone now. Tried it a couple of times and both times the CleanListener.jsx file did not appear on my Desktop. Fingers crossed the issue is now sorted.

Thank you for all of your help with this, greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines