Highlighted

Clear Swatches on Touch Bar?

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I'm new to Photoshop and I've got the 2016 MacBook Pro with touch bar. I can select a new color on screen and add that color to the swatches list on the touch bar, but there doesn't appear to be a way to delete colors from there. Is this just not possible?

Thanks

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by gener7 | Adobe Community Professional

If you look at the Recent Swatches (the smaller row of swatches) at the top and the Touch Bar matches those, you should know there is no way to clear those unless you Reset Preferences. Since it defaults most everything else, I'm not sure you want that.

Reset Prefs CC 2015.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Clear Swatches on Touch Bar?

New Here ,
Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I'm new to Photoshop and I've got the 2016 MacBook Pro with touch bar. I can select a new color on screen and add that color to the swatches list on the touch bar, but there doesn't appear to be a way to delete colors from there. Is this just not possible?

Thanks

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by gener7 | Adobe Community Professional

If you look at the Recent Swatches (the smaller row of swatches) at the top and the Touch Bar matches those, you should know there is no way to clear those unless you Reset Preferences. Since it defaults most everything else, I'm not sure you want that.

Reset Prefs CC 2015.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 21, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset Prefs CC 2015.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2017 0
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset doesn't work, but I found an alternative solution. You have to cancel the NSColorPanelSwatches.plist file in User>Library>Colors.

Unfortunately, it will delete ALL the swatches saved on Touch Bar, both in Illustrator or Photoshop. But there's no alternative. A new file will appear next time you will add a new color on Touch Bar.

Schermata 2017-12-30 alle 14.29.45.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 30, 2017 0
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got it!

I made a quick screen cap to show the steps.   How to clear the TouchBar color swatches in Terminal - YouTube

1) Choose Edit ➜ Show Colors

2) drag desired swatch to Trash

** EDIT **

My apologies, I arrived here after a google search for removing swatches from the TouchBar in terminal. I didn't realize this was a photoshop question until later. Let me know if a similar approach works in Photoshop!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 24, 2018 0
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there is no actual solution to this ?! And I thought I had found a good reason to call the touch bar 'useful'. Now I have some colours which I don't want on there and am I supposed to keep them forever?

Apple or Adobe should state something on this

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's basically a list of the 12 colors you used recently and they will not be there permantly. Pick another color and the right most one drops off. It's not editable. It's not meant to be a custom list.

You can create a custom folder and add your favorites. You can then pick 12 swatches you like to fill the top bar.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 03, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply, seems reasonable I'll try this approach

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-09-30 at 09.29.08.png

Click on the tiny sqaures in the colour picker/ palate. These tiny boxes can then be dragged to the bin to delete them.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 29, 2020 0