• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Click First???

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noticed this extremely annoying new problem with the latest versions of Photoshop.

I'm hoping anyone else who is a keyboard command user like me might know what I'm talking about.

After updating, I've noticed that however I switch to Photoshop (either by choosing to edit a photo while in InDesign or just by launching Photoshop), that Photoshop isn't the active window on my screen until i actually click on the image first. Typically I'll open an image and immediately apply a key command and that will work. But now, even tho my image is open, I get a BEEP. Nothing works until I actually click on the image. 

Small problem, but very annoying. Anybody know what's happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is the application frame enabled or no? (Window > Application Frame on the menu bar.) I believe it's enabled by default which should treat Photoshop as an active, self-contained window rather than the traditional free form Mac is (infamously?) known for.

Try resetting preferences too; something might have gotten mucked up during the update.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines