Highlighted

clicking on and off the red mask does not work

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1_ When retouching i normaly use the brush in the mask like this.

2_ Sometimes i use the red mask when its difficult.

3_ I use this button to switch the red mask on and of.

4_ I do it when the the brush tool is selected

Now it´s not working anymore. Any idea how i can fix that?

1___

Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-30 um 15.34.01.png

2___

Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-30 um 15.34.13.png

3___

IMG_2900.jpeg

4___

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-01 um 09.37.02.png

TOPICS
Bug, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

clicking on and off the red mask does not work

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3_ I use this button to switch the red mask on and of.

Now it´s not working anymore. Any idea how i can fix that?

1___

Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-30 um 15.34.01.png

2___

Bildschirmfoto 2020-09-30 um 15.34.13.png

3___

IMG_2900.jpeg

4___

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-01 um 09.37.02.png

TOPICS
Bug, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

In this step, what kind of mask are you using? Quick mask? Layer mask? An alpha channel? We can't see your Layers and Channels panels, so we can't tell. Since the paint is going on your image, though, the most likely cause is that the image is selected and not the mask. Check that.

There are multiple ways the mask can be red. You might be using Quick Mask, or you might be working in Channels with both the Layers and the Alpha Channel visible. Seeing your Layers and Channels menu would be helpful. I think, though, that possibly "Ebenenmaske" in the tab might mean "Quick Mask". 

3_ I use this button to switch the red mask on and off.

I think that's a German keyboard because of the reference to "Stuttgart". If you are talking about Quick Mask, we would use "Q" or use the tool in the Toolbox with the rectangle and the circle inside. I don't see that tool in your image. It looks like it's working correctly here, though. When you are in QuickMask, painting with Black will be red, and you are painting with White. If you think it's not working, please clarify.

You can use QuickMask with other tools as well, such as the selection tools and Pen tool.

Can you clarify what you are trying to do and show these panels:

• Layers
  • Channels
  • options panel for the Brush

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1_

I am using the Ebenenmasken. And sometimes when it is not easy to see were i allready have been with the brush i use the red mask to see that. 

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-01 um 17.17.51.pngBildschirmfoto 2020-10-01 um 17.19.47.pngDo the screenshots help to understand what i mean?

Thanks

Bernd

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Again, please clarify what you are trying to do so we can better assist. You might start, for instance with a combination of Select Subject and Select and Mask to get a good selection, including the hair.

jane-e_0-1601571560385.png

Once your selection is good, choose whichever Adjustment layer you need and make the changes in Properties.

jane-e_1-1601571723448.png

If this doesn't answer your question, please clarify what you are trying to do.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

Thanks again for trying to help.

The main problem is that i don´t know the name for what i´am trying to explain.

I´am not searching for a solution to create a mask with photoshop.

I just want to fix a bug and use something wich worked proper in the past. 

I made a screenshotviedo with quicktime but wasen´t able to upload it. Any idea how i could upload it, because i think that will show what i mean.

Thanks

Bernd

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

35783A3F-0349-4BCF-B5CB-3D3C630C9457.jpeg

This is the button for the video. Your earlier screen shot shows an adjustment layer. When I ask you to clarify what you are trying to do, "fixing a bug" doesn't help us. Tell us something like:

• Put the man on a different background
  • Adjust the brightness of the entire image
  • Reduce the red (or blue or green) in the image.

What is your goal?

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nicht ganz.

Du benutzt die Ebenenmaske einer Einstellungsebene - und nicht die Ebenenmaske einer Pixelebene.

----------------

Not quite.

You are using the layer mask of an adjustment layer - not the layer mask of a pixel layer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Versuche bitte das „Fehlverhalten“ auf Deutsch zu beschreiben. Mir ist auch noch nicht klar, worin überhaupt dein Problem besteht.

Zum Thema Video: eigentlich solltest du die Möglichkeit haben, über den Button [Video einbetten] in der Menüleite deines Antwortfensters ein Video direkt in der Antwort zu einzubetten. Falls das nicht funktioniert, dann nutze einfach Anbieter wie Youtube oder Vimeo, lade dort das Video hoch und verlinke es in deiner Antwort.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-02 um 09.31.32.png

Leider kann man nur Videos über youtube einbetten, deshalb versuche ich es anders.

Danke in jedem Fall schonmal für Dein Hilfe Angebot.

Eigentlich ist das was ich meine denkbar einfach. Um das Problem nachzuvollziehen sollten wir es vielleicht die Schritte die dorthin führen nachmachen. Aber vorher erkläre ich es einfach noch einmal.

Das rote auf dem Bild ist keine Maske sonder ein visuelle Hilfe die anzeigt welche stellen schon ausgewählt/ausgespart sind.  

Hier nun die Schritte die zu meinem problem führen.

1. Offnen einer einstellungsebene mit Maske

2. Anwenden: Partielles anwenden von z.B. Farbton Sättigung

3. Diese Taste drücken

4. Dann sieht das Bild so aus. ( Das rote ist nur eine visuelle Anzeige der Maske)Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-02 um 09.46.36.pngBildschirmfoto 2020-10-02 um 09.46.03.pngIMG_2900.jpegBildschirmfoto 2020-10-02 um 09.47.00.png

Ich hoffe das hilft, danke.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, turning on/off the mask visibility is done with the "\" key. Or I do not understand what the problem is.

In the Keyboard shortcuts settings, does enabling "Use Legacy Channel Shortcuts" solve your problem?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"does enabling "Use Legacy Channel Shortcuts" solve your problem?"

No, whatever the problem is that will not help.

The legacy shortcuts for channels start with Cmd+~ for RBG, then Cmd+1 for Red, etc. When they changed these shortcuts to standardize among the various applications, Cmd+1 became 100% view and Cmd+2 became RBG. Using the very old legacy shortcuts for channels won't solve any glitches.

~ Jane

EDIT: Two legacy shortcuts corrected.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I do not know.
Here is some unsolved problem with ~ and \

I also did not understand what the problem is there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Well I do not know."

I'm confused. The link you posted is not a question about legacy shortcut for channels. It think it's about the tilde shortcut for the eraser tool not working with the Wacom tablet. That question is unrelated to this current question or to the legacy shortcuts for channels.

Here are the Current and Legacy Shortcuts for Channels. The only thing this command does is change the Channel shortcuts to the extremely old ones. This will not help answer the current question.

~ Jane

jane-e_0-1601600972629.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only understood one of that post (huge translation difficulties) : )

pressing \ followed by ~ no longer shows the layer mask

what is followed by ~ I could not understand.

By the way, screenshots would be shown when the channel is a mask.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.

Versuchen wir einmal etwas Licht ins Dunkel zu bekommen.

😉

1) Mit welcher Photoshopversion arbeitest du gerade?

2) Kann es sein, das du (manchmal) mit dem Pinsel in der Maske malen möchtest, nachdem du mit dem Shortcut [<] auf die (standardmäßig) rote „Teil-Überlagerung der aktiven Maske über dem Bild“ gewechselst hast?

Der „lange Weg“ dorthin funktioniert über Rechtsklick auf die Miniatur der Ebenenmaske deiner Einstellungsebene, dann Klicken auf „Auswählen und maskieren …“ und anschließend in der sich öffnenden Eigenschaften-Registerkarte im oberen Bereich den Ansichtsmodus: „Überlagerung“ durch Klick auf den Pfeil neben der Miniatur „Ansicht“ einschaltest.

Da ich selbst relativ selten auf diese Art und Weise arbeite, weiß ich nicht, wie das Verhalten früher war - bzw. ob es früher überhaupt anders war.

Das nachfolgende habe ich nur unter Windows und Photoshop 21.1.2 getestet. Sollte aber unter MacOS genauso funktionieren.

Was definitiv nicht funktioniert: solange das Pinsel-Werkzeug aktiv ist, per Shortcut [<] in diesen „Überlagerungsmodus“ zu wechseln. Was hingegen funktioniert: Per [V] kurzzeitig auf das Verschieben-Werkzeug wechseln, danach mit [<] direkt in den „Überlagerungsmodus“ zu wechseln und gleich anschließend per [B] wieder auf das Pinsel-Werkzeug zurückzuschalten. Jetzt kannst du mit dem Pinsel in der Maske malen und hast gleichzeitig die (standardmäßig) „rote Überlagerung der Maske über deinem Bild“.

---------------------------------

Solltest du allerdings (was ich eigentlich nicht glaube) das Erstellen einer Auswahl im Maskierungsmodus [Q] meinen, dann melde dich einfach noch einmal.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Vielen Dank für Deine Hilfe. Mit diesen shortcuts ist das Umstellen wunderbar einfach und nicht so Zeitintensiv.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0