Highlighted

Clipping paths...

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When doing a clipping path around a barstool I make the exterior path, the then interior parts betweem the legs.  I go to make a selection, and te ecterior portions are selected, but not the interior...  How do I select the whole path, so I can change the ectire background to white?  I can see my whole path in blue... Only the exterior is highlighted when my selection is made.  HELPScreen Shot 2020-10-11 at 10.51.13 AM.png

TOPICS
How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Clipping paths...

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When doing a clipping path around a barstool I make the exterior path, the then interior parts betweem the legs.  I go to make a selection, and te ecterior portions are selected, but not the interior...  How do I select the whole path, so I can change the ectire background to white?  I can see my whole path in blue... Only the exterior is highlighted when my selection is made.  HELPScreen Shot 2020-10-11 at 10.51.13 AM.png

TOPICS
How to, Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 11, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHat are the subPathItems Path Operations? Have you set them to »Exclude Overlapping Shapes« or not? 

Please select all the subPathItems and post a meaningful screenshot including the Options Bar. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 11.24.58 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-11 at 11.25.14 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-11 at 11.25.22 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn’t actually select the subPathItems so the screenshot is meaningless. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you actually set the subpath then?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Path Selection Tool 

• Direct Selection Tool 

• cmd-click with the Pen Tool 

• …

You created the individual subPathItems so you determined how they would interact. 

Why do you want to »change the ectire background to white«? How wilo the image be used ultimately? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We shoot this product in showrooms.  The images need to be clipped and put on white backgrounds, drop shadows added, then used in advertising pieces, and websites for retail sale.  

I have never had this issues before.  Photoshop updated, and now I can draw a path (perimeter as well as interior areas.  When I make my selection to drop the background it only includes the exterior portions.Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 9.13.41 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»I have never had this issues before.«

You created the Path, so don’t try to blame anybody else unless you can demonstrate that a real problem exists … and so far you haven’t even demonstrated what the subPathItems’ Path Operations settings are. 

Once again: Please select all the subPathItems and post a meaningful screenshot including the Options Bar. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not blaming anyone for anything.  I am asking a question.  I don't know what you're asking me to do.Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 9.42.22 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
LEGEND ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you provide a jpg with just the Path? 

The Path Operation setting should indeed provide for a different result, so please try cmd-alt-clicking the outermost subPathItem (to select all its pathPoints) and cutting it (cmd-X), then pasting it – does the display in the Layers Panel change? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 1
Most Valuable Participant ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@c.pfaffenbichler wrote: "Could you provide a jpg with just the Path? …"

This is probably the best way to troubleshoot.

We don't need the picture in high resolution.

Important: Your path should be a Clipping Path.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 1
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please also show your Path Panel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm no expert in Photoshop... Do you mean the "path" panel to the bottom right?Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 8.32.19 AM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That paths panel looks like Subtract Front Shape has been used  (white on the outside all grey inside the outer path.

Are you sure Exclude overlapping paths was set throughout?

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 1
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.

Your path icon is very small. But seems to be ok.

This is just for control

Please activate the Path Selection Tool (black arrow)

Drag "in a large rectangle" over all paths.

All paths should now be selected.

What happens if you use: [Ctrl]+Click  on the icon in your Path Panel

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 1