Highlighted

Clone stamp Healing brush misbehaving

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the latest version of Photoshop 2020 on a Windows 7 PC.  Since the most recent update the clone stamp and healing brush are misbehaving. As I click the spot at which I wish to clone, the computer clones a diagonal line at 45 degrees starting at the point clicked.  Almost as if it was stroking an invisible path.  I have read other posts and remedies from users reporting similar problems and tried all the remedies, reset tool, reset preferences, turn off ruler view.  I have checked all tool options and other settings but can see no problem. One observation is that the length of the cloned stripe is fixed and independent of the degree of magnification being used when cloning.  EG If I clone at 12.5% magnification I get a 6 inch stripe.  If I clone at 100% magnification the stripe as seen on the monitor is still 6 inches long but of course as a proportion of the total image size it is much shorter.  I hope this description is clear enough.  Any ideas on how to resolve this?  Many thanks in anticipation. Mike Sander

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Clone stamp Healing brush misbehaving

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the latest version of Photoshop 2020 on a Windows 7 PC.  Since the most recent update the clone stamp and healing brush are misbehaving. As I click the spot at which I wish to clone, the computer clones a diagonal line at 45 degrees starting at the point clicked.  Almost as if it was stroking an invisible path.  I have read other posts and remedies from users reporting similar problems and tried all the remedies, reset tool, reset preferences, turn off ruler view.  I have checked all tool options and other settings but can see no problem. One observation is that the length of the cloned stripe is fixed and independent of the degree of magnification being used when cloning.  EG If I clone at 12.5% magnification I get a 6 inch stripe.  If I clone at 100% magnification the stripe as seen on the monitor is still 6 inches long but of course as a proportion of the total image size it is much shorter.  I hope this description is clear enough.  Any ideas on how to resolve this?  Many thanks in anticipation. Mike Sander

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 15, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd be best updating your OS to Windows 10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 15, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get this figured out?  Im having gthe same problem and i'm on win10

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly I have not solved the problem.  I simply stopped using Photoshop 2020. I plan to get a new computer soon and expected that using W10 would overcome the problem.  Now you have me worried.  Mike

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, 

I wouldn't be concerned.  Lots of people use the feature and it works just fine.

For me, I ended just bouncing photoshop and now it doesn't happen.  It was the first time I had used the tool, so I was a little concerned myself.

I don't know if I somehow set an anchor point.   I know what was happening is a feature, I just don't know how to turn it on/off.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2020 0