• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone Stamp/Healing Brush show overlay option acting weird!

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just switched to PS 2017 and am having trouble with the "show overlay" option. In older versions, you'd select an area and it would display it inside the brush for exact placement. But now when I select an area and move the brush around, it drags the entire layer around. Is this a bug or did they modify it to do that? If it's the latter then I have no clue how this is supposed to work! Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

You can usually fix all issues like that by resetting the tool (left end of Options Bar), or you could check your Clone Source panel and see if ​Clipped​ has become un checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can usually fix all issues like that by resetting the tool (left end of Options Bar), or you could check your Clone Source panel and see if ​Clipped​ has become un checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor beat me to it

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm wrote:

Trevor beat me to it

Dave

Which is just a wee bit scary, as it puts me 10 points off an unlucky thirteen thousand.  If I get one more answer right, I'm in for a very unlucky day!

afraid-male-afraid-frightened-smiley-emoticon-000293-large.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - don't walk under any ladders !!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Clone Source panel and click at the top right to get options. Then check "clip to brush tip".

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never mind.  I am in the wrong chat!  Next question, how can I simply delete a question when I realize I am in the wrong place??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And vualá! lol

Thanks to you both!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines