• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone stamp / patch tool / content aware fill all leave remnant

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attempting to evict this branch on left I can use one of the aforementioned processes which normally all work fine. But no matter what process I use, there is a faint white silhouette of the lightest part of the branch using any/all of them.

Red arrow pointing to branch to be removed:

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 9.27.43 PM.png

Red arrows pointing to remnant

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 9.30.05 PM.png

I have closed and re-opened PS to no avail. I have tried cloning onto another layer, etc and same thing.

Ideas?

Photoshop CC v 21.2.2

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi this may be due to some color pixels cloning if you do it properly this then hope all will be ok....regards

picccc.jpg

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The result you posted would just need another Clone Stamp Layer at the very top.

Next set the Clone Stamp set to sample all layers and with a small Brush paint in the lighter areas where the branches are visible. Maybe reduce the Brush flow slightly as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I already tried cloning on top of this as well as stamping on a new layer above. I'll try to sample all layers next but believe I already played with that setting as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

content aware fill all leave remnant

Are you using Edit > Fill > Content-Aware or Edit > Content-Aware Fill?

Try Edit > Content-Aware Fill:

1. Make a loose selection of the branchScreen Shot 2020-09-09 at 10.53.01 AM.png

2. Edit > Content-Aware Fill
    This taskspace allows you to control over what Photoshop uses to rebuild the area where you are removing pixels. Using the Sampling Brush tool, paint green over the areas you want to sample from, remove green from the other branch.
    Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 10.55.46 AM.png

3. This left a little smudge to the left of the white branch. With the selection still active, use the Clone tool to remove.
    Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 10.56.20 AM.png
  4. That's it.Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 10.57.12 AM.png

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb, as mentioned in the title I have already attempted content aware fill. It really doesn't matter which method I try, I still get the remnant and I cannot re-content aware fill nor stamp on top of it to make it go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, since two of us have keystroked this using your image and have not experienced the same problem, can you share a series of screen shots so that we can see your process? Please include the Layers panel in each shot. 

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, I will when I get to my editing computer later on.

I would imagine there would be no issue with any of you stamping it out because you're editing a jpg on your system. I believe it's either a PS glitch or something embedded in my file. I make similar edits every single day and have never had this issue before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you think it is a Photoshop glitch, you can reset preferences in Preferences > General. 

I had the same result after first saving the downloaded .png as a .psd.

I suspect it is a layer issue—that's why I asked to see the Layers panel in each screen shot. 

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barb, sorry you had the same glitch? What exactly happened?

If I reset preferences there, what exactly do you suggest I reset?

Assuming it were a layers issue, would you suspect it still, regardless of whether I turned the top layer off and tried on one below (I ctrl/cmd J to duplicate the bkg layer, and I subsequently duplicated the duplicate to try making the clone/fill on different layers with others turned off to test it, and had the same result)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an open ticket with PS support. Tier 1 could not figure it out after a bunch of settings, updates, etc. They even tried PS 2019.

Escalated to tier 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I did not have any issues removing the branch. I said "If you think it is a Photoshop glitch...".

All preferences are reset when you click the Reset All Preferences button in Preferences > General. Be sure to save all presets, custom brushes, etc. first.

If this is a layer issue, we'll be able to pinpoint it once you share your process. Until then, it's all guesswork.

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, here we go....

Here is a screenshot of current layers. You will see I am working on the highlighted layer:

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 5.14.20 PM.png

Here I selected the area using the lasso tool that I want to remove

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 5.14.48 PM.png

Clicked "Content Aware Fill". You can see in the preview menu it does not show any remnants

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 5.15.37 PM.png

But here is the outcome. You can see the white slihouette from the evicted branch:

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 5.15.57 PM.png

Next I tried turning off the original layer and trying on the layer below

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 5.16.13 PM.png

Again, no evidence of remnants in the preview pane (content aware fill)

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 5.17.55 PM.png

But again, same result

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 5.18.05 PM.png

I tried again on a new (duplicated) layer above the original, with the same result

Screen Shot 2020-09-11 at 5.18.21 PM.png

Clicked "Sample all layers" in the content aware fill preview pane as well with no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2020 Sep 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have an open ticket with PS support. Tier 1 could not figure it out after a bunch of settings, updates, etc. They even tried PS 2019.

Escalated to tier 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines