Dell U2713H (QHD)

Ryzen2600

Samsung 32GB

Samsung 1TB SSD

Asus B450M-A

Asus RX580 Dual 8GB

Windows 10 Pro v1909 build18363.836

Photoshop CC v21.1.3

Photoshop CC v20.0.9 (installed to see if downgrade solves the issue. NO, it didn't)

I usually set my windows scaling set at 150%. (Recently to 175% but that's besides the point.)

I noticed some time ago that my clone stamp tool was beeing very, extremely laggy.

Did some due diligence and found there was some conflict going on with Ruler.

Clone stamp was laggy with preview on and ruler shown. 

And once the lag happens the ruler seemed to move a bit off its place, and on extreme cases the top side ruler would show glitched out pixelated graphics.

(sorry, I didn't take screen shots before, after resetting scaling to 100% and back to 150,175 and somehow cleared on Ruler's glitched out graphics)

Did more digging and found out that it was scaling issue.

https://sandboxvideo.io/blog/photoshop-clone-stamp-sampling-fix

I coulnd't find what exactly that function was located in my Radeon Software so did some more digging.

At one point I thought I didn't have much to loose other than my soaring eyes so decided to change the scaling on windows display settings to 100%.

and it did work! clone stamp finally worked smooth even with preview and ruler on at that same time.

I'd really like to see bigger UI and letters on PS but, unlike LR, PS is a bit limiting on UI scaling on its own and when scaling is happening on OS level its spewing out conflict on unexpected parts of it.

Anyone know how to resolve this? or know if Adobe is working on this?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

just so anyone's curious,

this issue is still going (it's only a wee bit less than a week)

settled for FHD on my monitor to reduce the travel distance my mouse/tablet needed to cover.

and set the magnification on Chrome to 125% to read better on the internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines