• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone stamp tool not working In Photoshop on macOS

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to use the clone stamp tool to remove eye bags from photos, I am suppossed to do an alt-click, but since I don't have alt on my computer, I was told to use the option key and do an option-click. However, it always says there is an error because I could not select a surface. What other ways can I use this tool without this problem occurring? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with the Clone stamp tool in Photoshop. Would you mind telling us which version of Photoshop are you using?

Please ensure you have the correct layer selected in the layers panel when you're sampling the area you wish to clone. If the issue persists, please try resetting the Clone stamp tool using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-troubleshooting.html#tool

For more on how to use the Clone stamp tool, please check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/how-to/clone-stamp-remove-object.html

Let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines