• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone Stamp Tool not working in Photoshop

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using clone stamp for ages on my iMac. Suddenly it no longer works. I Option click on an area but it will not apply where I want. Also the same problem using the Healing Brush tool.  Sometimes I get a pink color smear! I have tried everything I can think of. Opening the Mac is safe mode, restoring photoshop prefs. to default and resetting the tool settings.

Message was edited by: Sahil Chawla

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

CS6 is not supported on Mojave.

El Cap was the last version to have a stable version of CS6.

You can try to hack and code your way to make it work, but in the end your options are to downgrade your OS (not fun on a Mac) or upgrade your Photoshop.

Have you looked at the Photoshop Photography Plan for $9.99/mo?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That shouldn't be happening, let us help make this right.

As the Clone Stamp tool is not working as expected, could you please try resetting the tool and let us know if it helps?

Basic troubleshooting steps to solve problems and issues in Adobe Photoshop

Also, what version of Photoshop and the operating system you're working on?

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sahil, thank you so much for your speedy reply.

I have the latest Mac OS, Mojave 10.14.6

My photo shop app is pretty old! CS6 extended bought in 2012. Version: 13.0.6 x 64

I do get a message when I first open the app:

Adobe Application Manager, required to verify your license, is missing or damaged.

But I have so far not worked out how to verify. If this will make any difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is not supported on Mojave.

El Cap was the last version to have a stable version of CS6.

You can try to hack and code your way to make it work, but in the end your options are to downgrade your OS (not fun on a Mac) or upgrade your Photoshop.

Have you looked at the Photoshop Photography Plan for $9.99/mo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your expertise.

I only use photoshop to occasionally touch up my family photos and remove unwanted stuff. Therefore paying a monthly fee for the latest photoshop would not be practical.

Are there any free apps that I could use for my basic and occasional needs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears, as mentioned by kstohlmeyeri, that my photoshop no longer works with the latest MacOS

Looking for an app. for free that would satisfy my simple and occasional needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mwfast  wrote

Looking for an app. for free that would satisfy my simple and occasional needs.

https://www.cmscritic.com/eight-free-photoshop-alternatives/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not try Photoshop Elements? It’s inexpensive and you can keep your older psd files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Macbook Pro 15" Mid 2015.  Catalina 10.15.7

Starting a couple of updates ago the Clone Tool became bumfuzzled.

After I select the area to be cloned - the complete image of the layer to be Cloned shows up covering the entire scene.

One can Paint to the selected layer - but one can not see what one is doing.  The source to clone image from covers up the layer to Clone to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 19, 2021 Nov 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop v.23.0.2,

Mac OS Monterey v. 12.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I’m having the same problem with the clone stamp. I have got the Mac OS Mojave version 10.1 4.6. I’m using Photoshop 20.0.6.  I am unable to get my clone stamp to work. Every so often it will just stop working.  It acts like it’s going to use the point that I selected but then when I go to clone something, the + goes inside my circle and it will not clone. Very frustrating please assist. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem 😕

Wersja programu Adobe Photoshop: 21.1.0 20200212.r.106 2020/02/12

Windows 7 Professional

02.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2020 Jan 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem. Clone stamp tool and healing brush doesn't work when I create layers for frequency separation. I have reset the tool, restarted my computer several times and it still doesnt work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem as above - clone stamp won't work on Photoshop Elements 2019, Mac Mojave 10.14.6. Spent 60 minutes with phone support, did a new install of the app.. All to no avail. Prolem just started two days ago..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines