Highlighted

Clone Stamp Tool Not Working PS 2020

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone...I updated to PS 2020 the other day and since then my clone stamp tool is not functioning properly.

Anyone else having issues??

**UPDATE**....reseting the tool fixed it.  

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ged Traynor | Adobe Community Professional

Hi

Did you try resetting the Crop Tool

2020-01-21 15_22_39-Adobe Photoshop 2020.png

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Clone Stamp Tool Not Working PS 2020

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone...I updated to PS 2020 the other day and since then my clone stamp tool is not functioning properly.

Anyone else having issues??

**UPDATE**....reseting the tool fixed it.  

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ged Traynor | Adobe Community Professional

Hi

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 15, 2019 2
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check on top  if "Curtent and below" is on. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 15, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Did you find a fix?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 21, 2020 2
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I've reset all tools but no luck.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 21, 2020 0
Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a preferences reset

image1.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 21, 2020 1
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue and tried all the steps above! Only happening since updating to 2020.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2020 0
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, it would help if you gave the version of Photoshop you are running (21.1.2 is out today) maybe post a screenshot of your interface, showing the clone source panel, and if you explain how the tool does not work...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot delete my reply...

-_-

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 18, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i might be an idiot or maybe someone needas to help explain more to me. But I am having the same issue.  But what or how does resetting the CROP tool have anything to do with the CLONE STAMP TOOL problem we are having? I am confused.  I need help obviously in fixing this problem in Photoshop 2020.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 16, 2020 0
F.Quill LATEST
Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lisab50241878!

While I am sure that someone has already helped you out (I am a little late to this conversation), I just discovered the same fix, thanks to the answer from the Adobe Community Professional - Ged Traynor, above.  Thank-you, Ged!!

Although the screen-cap shown with crop tools, etc., does not make empirical sense, at first, I used the same solution with my brushes panel after spending an hour trying to figure it out, myself, and to no use at all.  

Then, thanks to Ged's answer to the posts above, by selecting "resetting all tools" from the pop-up - my Photoshop work-life went back to working the way it is supposed to!

I don't know why the tool(s) stopped working for me, either, but I do know that I was pretty frustrated, too!  So glad to know the fix!!

I am over it now and I hope everything is back to working well, for you, now!  

Just wanted you to know that you are not alone, ... .  🙂

This really is a great community - so many times these amazingly knowledgable people help!  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 26, 2020 0