• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone Stamp tool Photoshop 20.0.1

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, since I updated to the latest Photoshop version I'm experiencing an issue with the clone stamp tool whereby after a little while the cloning source is stuck to a certain area and can't clone unless I choose another area. Another error: sometime I get a straight line of cloning from source to cloned area as if I had drawn it. I'm using a Wacom tablet but I think the issue relies in the lates PS version infact if I use PS 2018 I have no problems at all.

Thank you !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Nov 16, 2018 Nov 16, 2018

Once you update you reinstall Wacom drivers, add a few more steps:

1. Reset All Tools (CTRL Key)

2. Reset Preferences

Reset.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried hard to get my clone stamp tool to get its  brush stuck  with CC 2019  20.01 but was unable to reproduce your problem on my Windows 10 Pro system. An Old Dell Workstation with a Quadro 4000 display adapter using a wired mouse or Wacom pen.

What does your system look like.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JJ. I'm running a Mac Pro 2016 2,7Ghz Intel Core I/ version 10.14 (latest OS).

Wacom Intuos 5 (I believe... not at the studio right now). I recorded a little video but I think only images can be uploaded here. so here is a link to my dropbox if you wish to see it. In the video I'm cloning randomly on a random photo only for demonstration purposes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7b6650oh9z5s3b/clone_stuck.mov?dl=0

In the sample I'm not getting the "straight line" issue but only the stuck source point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have problem believing you have the problem you describe. All I got from you video is you use a Mac where I use a PC I can not trigger the bug bite in my  machine at all, All you state is the problem is random you do not have any ideas as to what triggers this random bug bite.  Perhape some othe user PC or Mac  can get the bug to bite for some reason.  Maybe it a Mac problem or a speed issue my processors are on the slow side of performance. 2GHz...

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it to be a speed issue since I have worked issueless on huge files in the past. Now it happens on any type of image. I have also tried by resetting the tool but nothing has changed. It happens truly randomly but quite often during cloning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you update you reinstall Wacom drivers, add a few more steps:

1. Reset All Tools (CTRL Key)

2. Reset Preferences

Reset.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't able to duplicate the issue.  However, I have discovered that often I need to reinstall my Wacom drivers after updating PS.

I hope it helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Joesph... I'm a bit scare in updating the Wacom drivers since when I first got the Mac I'm working on I experienced the weirdest of all issues and it took me a while to figure it out and as I discussed it with Wacom's customer care the guy said: if you are not an "update freak" just stick to the driver version that works.
Basically when using the latest version, after a few minutes of use I would loose WiFi connection and therefore internet. I know, crazy but true. This is why I tested the clone stamp tool with Photoshop CC2018 where it works fine...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't reproduce it... I am on a 2012 Mac, Mojave and have an old wacom Intuos Pro from 2008.

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist><br />Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2018 Nov 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

David-

Sorry to hear about your experience. I understand that updating drivers can become a little scary, but it's something we simply must do from time to time. Periodically, when two different softwares must speak with each other they can lose the connection, which is why you'll sometimes need to update or re-install drivers.  If worried, make sure to do a computer backup so you could always revert.

I've had to update my Wacom tablet drivers many times.

-joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Joseph. Updating Wacom drivers seemed not to be sufficient. In the end I had to reset all tools in Photoshop like suggested by mjbelt​ whom I'm obviously thanking as well.

Now, once you reset everything you also loose your custom workspace which is saved among the others but I feel it would be risky to re-apply it so I guess it's better to set up a whole new one. Clumsy but hopefully effective.
Hope everything to be solved now.

Thank you all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try turning off your rulers view. That worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines