• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone stamp tool works backwards in vanishing point filter

Participant ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to copy the left marquee in the attachment to the right marquee using the clone stamp tool in the vanishing point filter. I've added a new layer and select Filter | Vanishing Point.

The Vanishing Point window opens and it shows the grids I'd created on both marquees.

I select the clone stamp tool and option click above and slightly left of the P in Protect.

I move the cursor to the right window to the left of the word Wear. As I move the cursor to the RIGHT, Photoshop moves the selection point LEFT.

Same behavior with Heal in any mode. Allow Multi-surface operations checked in menu. Same behavior with Clip Operations to surface edges selected or deselected.

The photo is too big to upload here, but may be found at https://unsplash.com/photos/5rMnfBCVDcg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead, you might try using the Polygonal Lasso tool to select the left marquee, copy/paste it, move it over to the right side, and use Free Transform on it, holding Ctrl (PC)/Command (macOS) as you drag a corner to distort it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Myra. Good idea. I was just learning the Vanishing Point tool. Seems unlikely Photoshop could be screwed up--likely me. Thanks for the idea!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines