Highlighted

CLONE STAMPTOOL SOURCE LOCATION DO NOT MOVE

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello There,

When I use my Clone Brush, the cursor stays fixed at the source location and no longer moves with the clone brush movements. Cloning continues normally but it is unworkable because the source area can no longer be determined. How can I fix this?

Michael

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

CLONE STAMPTOOL SOURCE LOCATION DO NOT MOVE

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello There,

When I use my Clone Brush, the cursor stays fixed at the source location and no longer moves with the clone brush movements. Cloning continues normally but it is unworkable because the source area can no longer be determined. How can I fix this?

Michael

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

What version of Photoshop and operating system do you have, have you tried resetting the tools

2020-08-19 14_27_59-Adobe Photoshop 2020.png

If that doesn't help try a preference reset, you should backup any custom settings you have beforehand

https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

image1.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the Clone Stamp tool active, there is an Aligned checkbox within the Options bar running across the top of Photoshop. Does changing this give you the functionality you are looking for?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are referring to the tracking cross hair it will track if you use your mouse.  The are Pen support issues in 21.2.2

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your responses.
I have now discovered that it is a pen related problem. I am using Wacom Intuos Pro with the latest version of Photoshop (21.2.2). The problem only occurs with a multi-layered document when using the pen. I also had contact with the adobe helpdesk by chat. She advised me to reinstall the previous Adobe Photoshop version with the result that all my Plugins have to be reinstalled. So I'm trying to look for a solution that keeps my presets and plugins. Any Ideas ?

Michael

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I install My Photoshop Plug-in in my own Plug-in tree not is Phootoshop's plug When I install ant Photoshop version all I need to do is link Photoshop Plug-ins folder to my Plug-ins tree.  All the version of Photoshop installed  use the same  plug-ins. There a single copy of the plug-ins used in my tree.  I doe install Adobe Plug-in Scriptlistener  in photoshop  Folder.

The shortcut you see in my Photoshop's Plug-ins  is the link to the plug-image.pngins I use.  It make it easy  to install a remove plug-in all install  versions of Photoshop.

image.png

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All,
It is indeed an Adobe problem that was caused with the rollout of the August 17th update. I solved it by restoring an older image of my entire system to the computer. This image is from before August 17, 2020. The pen works flawlessly again. To be on the safe side, I have blocked automatic updates for Photoshop pending a fix from Adobe. I also said this to the Adobe helpdesk employee. He did not know how long that will take. I hope soon!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0
JJMack LATEST
Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think it will be any time soon if Adobe keeps trying to use INK  Adobe needs to repair the damage they made to Photoshop WinTab Support.  Pens worked with Wintab support in perpetual Photoshop before INK existed.  When Microsoft added INK  support Adobe would not use it for it lacked support Photoshop needed.  Microsoft improved INK some and Adobe added support into Photoshop to use INK and default to using INK instead of Winbtab API for pen support.  However, there has always been issues using INK API with Photoshop and Pen users had to configure Photoshop the its its old WinTabs support to get their work done. 

I believe most of the Problem lie in Microsoft's Windows INK support in Windows.  INK feature hinders Performance press and hold has to slow response even if you disable checking to see if its enabled or not will slow ink down.  Why does Microsoft  supply visual feedback for Alt+Shift+Ctrl+win for Pens users and not fot Mice. The feedback is distracting and slow INK down. Adobe brush tracking also doe not work with Pen INK Support in Photoshop 21.2.2 and works with mice.  Photoshop 2020 version 21.0.3 works well with WinTab support.

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 01, 2020 0