Highlighted

Clone Tool Glitch Photoshop CS6 on macOS Mojave

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently noticed that when I use the clone tool, I'm getting randomly appearing chunks of pixels all over my screen. I did recently get the display replaced on my macbook pro and I'm not sure if that could be related, but it seems to only be triggered in Photoshop when using clone or heal brushes and not in any other software (however once triggered, it continues happening when using other brushes/tools). I'm running CS6 on MacOS Mojave and I'm not quite sure how to fix this issue but it's causing huge problems while trying to get work done.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Clone Tool Glitch Photoshop CS6 on macOS Mojave

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently noticed that when I use the clone tool, I'm getting randomly appearing chunks of pixels all over my screen. I did recently get the display replaced on my macbook pro and I'm not sure if that could be related, but it seems to only be triggered in Photoshop when using clone or heal brushes and not in any other software (however once triggered, it continues happening when using other brushes/tools). I'm running CS6 on MacOS Mojave and I'm not quite sure how to fix this issue but it's causing huge problems while trying to get work done.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 26, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

That shouldn't be happening. As the Clone Stamp tool is leaving pixels on the canvas, could you please try deselecting "Use Graphics Processor" located in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance, then relaunch Photoshop and let us know if it helps?

You may also try some troubleshooting steps mentioned here and see how it goes: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Regards,
Sahil

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 28, 2020 0