• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Closing account, piggy back on husbands account - will I lose settings?

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.... I'm trying to work smart (and ideally save money). I am thinking of using my husbands Adobe account - monthly sub is approx $75 - and I think we can have x2 computers logged in, but only can use Adobe software at a time.

My query relates to my history - in my little startup business - will I lose all my settings etc if I close my account and use his?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't do that. The license is strictly personal and cannot be shared with anyone else. Two users need two licenses.

At the price that's really not unreasonable. Most comparable professional software is on a price level ten times that of Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks D Fosse. So why can it be set up on two computers? One person two computers?  And who can afford to pay "ten times that of Adobe" - 75x10 = $750 a month is "reasonable"? Wow I'm in the wrong business! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea where you get that price from. Photoshop is $10 a month, with Lightroom thrown in.

It can be set up on two computers because one person may need it both at work and at home. I happen to be one of those.

The application most directly comparable to Photoshop - in terms of user segment and market - is AutoCAD. Enjoy:

autoCAD.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar to @D Fosse , I am a single user with a desktop plus a laptop that I use for travel. See this help file — the italics are mine. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/end-user-license-agreements-faq.html

"If you own, or are the primary user of, a single-user- or volume-license Adobe product that is installed on a computer at work, you can also install and use the software on one secondary computer of the same platform at home or on a portable computer. However, you may not run the software simultaneously on both the primary and secondary computers.

"No more than one user can use a single-user-license Adobe product."

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane, Adobe creative suite is $80 mumble Australian dollars, but life is too short to get picky, right? I feel comfortable that my husband and I can share the software, across 2 computers, 1 @ home, 1 @ work... working on the SAME project. But not at the same time. Signing off now, happiness to you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, but  sharing a license is breaking the terms of that license. Specifically, section 6.2 of the terms of use :

https://www.adobe.com/legal/terms.html

... you must not:

enable or allow others to use the Services or Software using your account information;

So whilst you may feel comfortable, what you propose is illegal.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines