• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cloud documents

Community Beginner ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I open a project that I saved on Cloud documents and I want to make changes to it without replacing the original project but as soon as I make a change (like deleting something) the Cloud document is replaced. How can I make changes without replacing the original file?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any reason why you won't/can't work on a copy of the file? Some suggestions...

• Make a copy of the file and open the copy for editing within Photoshop.
  • As soon as you open the document within Photoshop do a "File > Save As" and edit that file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

another option is to add a new layer first [make your edits on that] and then save... the value is that extra layer can be easy turned on \ off by you or other people which keeps the original intact should your edits need to be undone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is something I mentioned to Adobe, when it first came out. Other than working on a copy, you can click back in the history panel for the opening state and resave the file in its original state. PIA, but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines