Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color appears too light

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there.

I just had a problem that I can not find a solution anywhere.

No solution found in Google, Especially because this problem is another one of the stupid problems collection that Photoshop likes to produce for me from the day I started working with it.

I was in the middle of using the brush tool. Everything was fine and worked great.
I don't remember what exactly I did, but I tried to automatically paint on a pen tool path with the brush tool.

From that moment on, any color I tried to paint with the brush tool was always much brighter than I wanted.

I checked that the two color setting windows are set together for the color I want, and yet, oddly enough, it always brings out to me exactly the color I chose just in a much lighter shade. And of course, when I tried to test more tools, I found that the problem had spread to all the other tools.

I checked my color settings and tried to see if the problem is in one of the layers, but the problem is everywhere. It does not matter if it is an upper or lower layer, Photoshop simply refuses to give me the color I ask for.

I tried to see if maybe it has something to do with the profiles of the layers, but I could not find any clue to help me

I'm totally freaked out right now.
Anyone have any advice?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

The Brush is set to Opacity 20%, try 100%. 

Screenshot 2021-05-13 at 14.47.04.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your Brush mode is set to Normal:

Semaphoric_0-1620855109342.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i tried.

nothing happend

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Preformance tab). Any better?
If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC display profile, the old one might be corrupted.
If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix not LUT profile, Version 2 not Version 4 profile.
If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. 
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, you just offered a bunch things at once, and it's very late at night at my place.
But thanks in the meantime. I will update you tomorrow on what happened

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2021 May 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now, I just tried everything you offered.
Nothing worked.

After trying to change the ICC profile to the profile i created, i also tried to change it to one of the profiles that come with Photoshop which worked great for me at first.
Nothing changes that.

I also tried to check the link you suggested with Photoshop support, and none of the tips that were there regarding color management helped, so it seems to me that color management is not related here at all, but it is something much simpler.

In the end, I mention that overall I tried to perform a certain action and without any warning it suddenly becomes like this, so it seems to me that some definition has accidentally changed somehow and now we have to go and look for what definition it can be...

but of course, i have no chance of finding it.
It was also the main reason for 98% of the problems that happened to me in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you meant something like this?

as i marked with the blue arrows, you can see that the brush tool is in gray, while the both colors pickers are 

black

‏‏צילום מסך (55)_LI.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Brush is set to Opacity 20%, try 100%. 

Screenshot 2021-05-13 at 14.47.04.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, it actually worked...

i feeling like an absolute dumb right now.

thank u so much for the support! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The shortcuts for setting Opacity and Flow for painting Tools in steps of 10% are 1 to 0, respectively shift-1 to shift-0. 

Edit: And no need to feel dumb about learning something new. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines