• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color background

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to change the color of my background which is a  green screen to black. How can I change the color to black? I am using a Macbook air laptop. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is one way you could approach it.

In the layers panel, click the Adjustment icon and choose Hue/Saturation.

image.png

Double-click the Hue/Saturation to open the dialog box and choose Green from the list.

image.png

Use the Eyedropper tool in the Hue/Saturation dialog box to click on the green area. Use the Eyedropper with a '+' to click and drag over more of the green area.

Then drag the Lightness slider all the way to the left.

image.png

The model has a slight green reflection in the hair, glasses, skin. You could go over those areas with the Sponge tool set to Desaturate.

image.png

The green reflection can pretty much be avoided in the first place by photographing the model further away from the background green screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do I delete the background? and create a layer 1? I notice on dialog box you said to change it to green but do I change it to cyans?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to delete the background. A new adjustment layer will be automatically created above your original layer once you choose to add the adjustment layer. 

You can choose green or cyan and use the eyedroppers. After using the eyedroppers the dialog box may change what it says, depending on which color it considers closest to what you've eyedroppered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 6.38.58 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks great -- way to go!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way I can make it darker without the creases showing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason your background is not as dark as mine may be because the original photo is slightly different than the screen capture that you posted, or it could be that you didn't eyedropper as much of the green area as I did.

You could select the Hue/Saturation layer. choose green or cyan from the dropdown menu (or whichever color the Hue/Saturation dialog box used) and use the Eyedropper Plus+ to select more of the green area. Drag over the area you want, including some of the folds. That should take care of it.

But if it doesn't, you can duplicate the Hue/Saturation layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know where the sponge tool is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the bottom of the Hue/Saturation dialog box are two color bands. The top band represents the original colors. The bottom band represents the new changed colors.. On your screen capture, you can see that underneath the green area of the top band, the bottom band displays black. That means that was used to be green has been changed to black. However, you can also see that not all of the green in the top band has black underneath it. The green that is more of a yellow-green does not have black under it. That is a clue that you need to Eyedropper more of the green area. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 8.04.43 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's in the Tools panel just above the Pen tool. It's probably hidden and if it is you'll need to press on whichever of the 3 tools is showing and select the sponge. Then make sure it is set to Desaturate in the control panel.

image.png

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines