Color Balance Using Scripts

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - 

I used the scripts function to load files into a stack/layers so I could crop them all the same. Every time I import the photos, Adobe changes the color balance of these photos so that the skin tone is that of an Oompa Loompa. What gives? 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Color Balance Using Scripts

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello - 

I used the scripts function to load files into a stack/layers so I could crop them all the same. Every time I import the photos, Adobe changes the color balance of these photos so that the skin tone is that of an Oompa Loompa. What gives? 

TOPICS
Actions and scripting, Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 05, 2021 0
davescm LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like your images did not have a colour profile and Photoshop is assigning the default profile (which may not be correct for the images).

The correct fix is to ensure that :

a. All images have an embedded profile

and

b. Photoshop is set (in colour settings policies) to use that embedded profile.

If you are forced to import images which do not have an embedded colour profile, then you can use Assign profile on the document and try to assign the correct profile but this is trial and error (start with sRGB and go from there)

Dave

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 05, 2021 0