• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Change To Color Fill Layer in Color Picker Window is Not Taking Effect

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sihlouetteglitch.pngHi there, so I'm trying to change the fill color layer to #eff3ff, and I hit okay in the color picker, the window closes, and the change doesn't take effect. I open the color picker again by double-clicking in the Color Fill layer, and it defaults back to #f3f3f3. I never set it to that gray color to begin with, just the pale blue, but it keeps changing it to gray. This is a very odd glitch.

I am creating the color fill after using the select tool to create a new group and masking layer as I was instructed.  

I should note that while I have been using Photoshop for well over a decade, I only use it for basic tasks as I need them to update websites. I've not had a formal course in it, and I look up what I need to do. I must say this is the first glitch I've run into. I had three files I was doing this for. One worked fine and I was able to get the pale blue accent color I wanted, but this one and the other one keep defaulting to the gray. All three files are from Adobe Stock Photo, but the one I was able to change was a copy/paste from an Ai grouping of images, and these two that I can't change were jpegs by the same author. I even tried to copy/paste the original black silhouette into a new file as I did for the one I had success with. I'm not doing anything differently, but it only worked for 1 out of 3. It is so bizarre. Wondering if there's any way to get help for this. Thank you. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

That occurs when you are in Grayscale mode. Change to RGB Color

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the image’s Color Space (not Color Mode) and Bit Depth? (see Image > Mode > …)

Please set the Status Bar to »Document Profile« and post another meaningful screenshot.

What have you done for general trouble-shooting so far?

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, it turns out the issue was that the original photo which I downloaded from Adobe Stock Photo was in Grayscale, and I had no idea, so this is why it wouldn't let me change the color. I had to change the mode to RGB. I never would have known that if I hadn't posted here. 

Thank you so much for your response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That occurs when you are in Grayscale mode. Change to RGB Color

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That was the problem. I purchased the image from Adobe Stock Photo, so I had no idea it was in Grayscale. Now I'll know to check that in the future!

Thank you again!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Happy to help. I think we have all made that mistake at one time or another. Good luck.
     --Norman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines