Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color changes when saving from PSD to JPEG

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2016 Aug 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

When i export the image bellow from psd to jpeg the color changes.

The pink becomes purple!

2016-08-27_22-47-24.jpg

Any help would be appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 28, 2016 Aug 28, 2016

Just to be absolutely clear on this - the problem here is that the file is in ProPhoto RGB.

Windows "Photos" is not color managed and cannot represent a ProPhoto file correctly. Nor will any other application without color management.

Convert to sRGB. That is the correct answer to your question (which is a very common beginner's mistake, BTW).

In Photoshop, go to Edit > Convert to Profile > sRGB IEC61966-2.1.

If you are Using "Export As" or "Save For Web", just check the Convert to sRGB box.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show two screenshots, before and after flattening - both at 100% zoom

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Dave for still being with me.

In 100% View, it's remaining the same... But in output like JEG, the color shed getting darker.

Regards

Tanmay

s3.jpgs4.jpgs1.jpgs2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Please keep all screenshots to 100% zoom.

At 100% each image pixel is mapped to a screen pixel. At lower zoom levels, several image pixels are combined to form a screen pixel. Your screenshots show 25% in which 16 image pixels are combined to form a single screen pixel for preview. In the case of the multi layer image then that is done before blending the layers. In the case of the flattened image, that combination is done after blending. So the results display differently.

If I am missing your point , then please use screenshots to demonstrate but please keep them all at 100% zoom.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okey! now I got you.

I have never thought like this before. Thanks for the information dave. I am really happy to learn the sequence.

Regards

Tanmay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tanmay, lets see those 100% screenshots Dave asked for please.

I am sure many (including me) will be intrigued to see the issue in action and to know the solution.

I hope this helps

thanks
neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer
[please do not use the reply button on a message within the thread, only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20220601_114824.jpg

 images in photoshop look great but not anywhere else

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, don't use anywhere else...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For decent universality you need to save out images in sRGB.

You may like to make a copy and archive the original in it's original colour space.

Then flatten the copy and convert  to sRGB.

Save with the ICC profile embedded. 

This can't "fix" image appearance for non colour managed viewing applications, but since sRGB is a reasonably widespread screen characteristic using sRGB should help.

Users of Wide gamut screens (e.g. claiming 98% Adobe RGB, or perhaps P3) MUST use colour managed software for viewing. 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer:: co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines