• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color dynamics pen pressure not working

Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to fade from foreground to background using color dynamics setting.

When I initially press on the canvas, depending on how hard I pressed, the color is determined.  However, mid stroke, the pressure doesn't change the color or fade from one color to the other... its just a constant value determined by how hard I initially pressed. 

How do I get it to fade mid-stroke like I expected and have read it should?  I thought that was the normal behavior.  I have no other options enabled, it is a basic soft round brush with 10% smoothing and no other pressure controls.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled-2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, go to the contextual menu and clear the brush

Screen Shot 2020-10-16 at 11.42.39 PM.png

LMK if that works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eugenio, thanks, but clearing the brush doesn't help. I'm seeing the same issue as the original poster. Varying pressure during the course of a stroke works fine in controlling other dynamics, but for the purpose of color dynamics alone, unles you quickly jam down the tablet pen harder at the start of the stroke, PS gets locked into acting as if the light touch of the initial millisecond after contact is continuing throughout (applying just the secondary color or a uniform color close to it). If you quickly jam the pen down hard at the beginning of the stroke, PS will likewise uniformly apply the primary color (or something close to it) throughout the stroke, even while other dynamics linked to pressure vary appropriately in the same stroke. Odd, disappointing bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2022 Sep 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is probably way delayed, but i found myself in the same predicament
Turns out solution is simple - you just need to have Apply per tip checked so it changes every 'instance' of a stroke
Same solution ofc if you want to use 'fade' or any other control as well
Hope this is helpful for anyone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines