• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Halftone Options

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm working with the color halftone effect in photoshop. I used the top left image in the screenshot. and my output was the top right image. Now i wanted to do that again with the same image in a different color. But my output is different. all these dots all over appear. Instead of just the dots on the edges like on the top right image. Why is that and how do I solve it?

Thanks!

screenshotscreenshotdesired effectdesired effectoutput with lighter blueoutput with lighter blue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which exact filter did you use? 

What is the exact RGB color in the two images? 

Ultimately you may be better off doing the effect on a B&W image and using a Solid Color Layer set to Blend Mode Screen to colorize it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Filter > Pixelate > Color Halftone simulates a CMYK halftone process, so apparently you set the four colors to the same angle but as the color results in differently sized dots for the CMYK colors it creates an »onion skin« of color (cyan in this case). 

Like I mentioned earlier if you want a halftone pattern in one specific color you may want to start with a completely desaturated image and add the color as a Layer with the Blend Mode Screen. 

Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 20.33.11.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, you get that because on the first one, the dots are so big they touch each other, while the second one is at medium darkness gives you separated dots...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines