Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color loss in botton of the document

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
When I have an image at the bottom of my workspace I lose saturation on the image, I've never had this problem before.

In my example I have the exact same image duplicated, one at the top with normal saturation and the lower one desaturated for no reason.
I work in Adobe RGB 1998 and my pics are in Adobe 1998, do you have any idea how to fix this issue?
Sorry for my english,
Thank you,
Anthony DELABIE
pb photoshop.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save for the compression artefacts the two instances of the image appear identical in your screenshot. 

So this apparently has nothing to do with Photoshop but with your monitor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what you get with a typical TN-panel (gaming/office) monitor. Viewing angles are so narrow that the bottom third appears washed out and the top third too dark. Only a thin stripe along the middle is approximately correct.

Monitors for photographic use are IPS-type panels for this reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to both of you, I sent the photo to my smartphone and there is no problem anymore so you are right.
I have the Samsung C27T550FDU FreeSync curved monitor do you know what kind of brand I should look for une utilisation photographique ?

Anthony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With either Eizo or NEC you can't go wrong. They both deliver consistently high quality displays.

It really pays to spend money on the monitor. It's the only piece of hardware that will directly impact the quality of your work - not just a few nanoseconds faster or slower, but actual quality.

This is probably among the best buys on the market, in terms of quality/price ratio:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1246464-REG/eizo_cs2420_bk_cnx_coloredge_cs2420_24_16_10.html 

A bigger screen size, or 4K, sends the price up rapidly, at the same basic quality and usability. You have to decide if it's worth it. My personal opinion is that 4K is wasted for photography, it can actually be a disadvantage. You certainly don't need it. It makes much more sense for graphics/text in InDesign or Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Really a big thanks to you for these tips.

I will definetly follow your advice and take one of the two recommended brands because I work more and more on photos and I think that it is a significant comfort.

Anthony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines