• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color management synchronization is disabled

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, with Photoshop 22.3 the color management synchronization is automatically disabled with InDesign and Illustrator when opening Photoshop. The status with InDesign is then: "Simulate: Adobe InDesing 2.0 CMS disabled." The same in Illustrator. This means that PDF-X4s can no longer be created in InDesign. Only when Photoshop is closed, the CMS can be resynchronized via Bridge. Thanks for your help 🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Something went wrong with my previous post. Anyway, the suggestion from roaringmousegraphics to delete the file /Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Color/ACEConfigCache2.lst has worked for me. Maybe it helps ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on my Mac. Photoshop turns off color synchronization. An unmarked profile appears in Bridge, although it was previously set up as I wanted. Additionally, changing the sync settings in Bridge doesn't change the profile in Photoshop. I have to set it up manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set up color settings in each application. That will stick.

I've never understood why they've been "selling" synchronizing in Bridge as a good idea. Color settings do not need to match in the first place; they do not need to be synchronized. Requirements will be different across applications, and some settings are unique to an application (like working gray in Photoshop, or preserve numbers in Illustrator/InDesign).

The important thing is to honor the embedded document profile, whatever it is. Then it will always be correctly handled. That's the whole point of color management.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your answer. If I set the settings manually, then it still changes as soon as I switch from InDesign to Photoshop, for example, back again. If I often have to create new documents in InDesign, they start in the wrong CMS. Do you have any idea? Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, manually setting profiles in each application is not a problem. However, while the work is being prepared (using multiple applications), synchronization makes life easier. Its lack is quite a handicap. I believe that the problem with not having it is a result of an underdeveloped recent Photoshop update (22.3). Something went wrong for the developers ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, and it's a huge problem.

I had to reinstall Photoshop 22.2

@Adobe, please fix this !

With Ps 22.3 I can't synchronize colors, and I have "emulate adobe indesign 2.0"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not install an older version. Just set profiles manually ... and waiting for a Photoshop tweak.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something went wrong with my previous post. Anyway, the suggestion from roaringmousegraphics to delete the file /Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Color/ACEConfigCache2.lst has worked for me. Maybe it helps ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect! Thanks (to all), it works 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Dag Fosse here

I too would recommend that you take control of the color settings in each application manually.

Maybe use some screenshots of the various dialogs to ensure you get it right.

It just seems to work better that way with color settings - additionally some applications have more / different options than others, Illustrator and Photoshop for example. 

Of course, most of the time you'll want to be sure they match across the applications, perhaps with the expetion of embedded ICC profile behaviour in Illustrator.. 

I hope that will solve the issue you are seeing. 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net :: adobe forum volunteer
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
[please only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with everything you say here. But in this case it doesn't solve the problem. Manually setting up those settings is fine but the problem is that even if you do so, it still reverts back to "Simulate: Adobe InDesign 2.0 CMS disabled." when you switch to Photoshop and then back to InDesign or Illustrator. But as I posted above, deleting that cache file (ACEConfigCache2.lst) did the trick for me. Now everything works as expected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It actually worked. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the same bug that was happening a few versions back—deleting the Color Caches should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the problem has been resolved at the moment. Until the next Bridge update or other application. On just have to remember about preferences in USERS. Thank you to everyone for your specific help 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines