Highlighted

Color matching between 2 images issues - PS CC

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Novice user here.

Our company photographer took a picture of a pole and a light fixture. The pole is ours, but the fixture is not, so I photoshopped one of our light fixtures onto the pole (see attached). 

The issue is that I'm having issues getting the light fixture paint to match the pole paint resulting in a very amateurish-looking image. 

I've tried using the color sample tool and the eye dropper tool. It appears that PS is picking up the pole color; however, when I try to apply it to the light fixture, nothing happens. I've watched countless tutorials and it appears I'm doing what's instructed, but when I click on the fixture, all I get is a circle with 2 color swatches (see 2nd attachment). What am I doing wrong, please?

Please keep in mind I'm a newbie (no training and my first experience with PS). 

TIA!

Topics

How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Color matching between 2 images issues - PS CC

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Novice user here.

Our company photographer took a picture of a pole and a light fixture. The pole is ours, but the fixture is not, so I photoshopped one of our light fixtures onto the pole (see attached). 

The issue is that I'm having issues getting the light fixture paint to match the pole paint resulting in a very amateurish-looking image. 

I've tried using the color sample tool and the eye dropper tool. It appears that PS is picking up the pole color; however, when I try to apply it to the light fixture, nothing happens. I've watched countless tutorials and it appears I'm doing what's instructed, but when I click on the fixture, all I get is a circle with 2 color swatches (see 2nd attachment). What am I doing wrong, please?

Please keep in mind I'm a newbie (no training and my first experience with PS). 

TIA!

Topics

How to, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. The eyedropper does not apply color. It only picks up color. To apply color, use a brush or make a selection of the black and fill with that color. I recommend trying it on a new layer, and then working with blend modes to see the texture below it.
There is no room for much more instruction on how to work with layers here in this forum. So, if you need help with that, may I suggest https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/how-to/ps-layers-basics.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/how-to/selection-tools-basics.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

S_Gans,

Thanks so much for the helpful tutorial. I'll take a look at it and will hopefully learn something new!

Thanks again for the quick response!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines