color of photo changes from LR to PS

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been encountering this problem for the last week. When I open my LR edit photo in PS from the "Edit in PS" button, the photo looks desaturated or even cooler than in LR. 
The color profiles are matched correctly and my husband and I can't figure out why the color is so different as this was fine just last month. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

color of photo changes from LR to PS

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been encountering this problem for the last week. When I open my LR edit photo in PS from the "Edit in PS" button, the photo looks desaturated or even cooler than in LR. 
The color profiles are matched correctly and my husband and I can't figure out why the color is so different as this was fine just last month. 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 23, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a side-by-side screenshot, and insert it directly in your post. I can't make any sense of your attached image.

Are you using third-party/custom camera profiles in Lightroom? That's a known bug that will probably get fixed in upcoming updates. If the standard-native camera profiles behave correctly with no color or contrast shift, that's it.

If not, it's a defective monitor profile. But try the camera profiles first.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2020 0
D Fosse LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, BTW, there is no need for color profiles to "match" between Lr and PS. Any incoming profile will be treated correctly in Photoshop. The embedded profile will override the working space.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 23, 2020 0