Highlighted

Color overlapping using brush tool

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not really sure how else to put it, sorry I am new to digital art. I want to make a solid color in a space but when I lift my pen up and press it down again the colors stack and become darker/more opaque. How can I make it so an area is all one shade? Here I have three lines I drew independently. When the lines overlap they become darker. How do I prevent this?adobe question.JPG

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Color overlapping using brush tool

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not really sure how else to put it, sorry I am new to digital art. I want to make a solid color in a space but when I lift my pen up and press it down again the colors stack and become darker/more opaque. How can I make it so an area is all one shade? Here I have three lines I drew independently. When the lines overlap they become darker. How do I prevent this?adobe question.JPG

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 01, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Blending mode in two places:

• the options bar for the Brush tool
  • the options for the Layer in the Layers panel

Set the Blending mode to Normal in both places. If that does not fix it, show a screen shot of both panels.

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,
so I found the blend options in layer easily enough but I can't see anything relating to blend in the brush options. 

Megan891685_0-1604284765903.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 01, 2020 0
jane-e LATEST
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Here is the Help file on Blending modes:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/blending-modes.html

The Blending Mode for the Brush tool is in the option bar. Set it to Normal.

jane-e_1-1604312794186.png

The Blending Mode for Layers is in the options at the top of the panel. Set it to Normal.

jane-e_2-1604313131682.png

Trevor could well be right about the Wet Edges, so check that.

Which brush do you have? The Brush tool or the Mixer Brush?

jane-e_0-1604312704663.png

~ Jane

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0
Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing that you have Wet Edges checked in Brush Settings

image.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 02, 2020 0