• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color profile changing randomly? Screen recording included.

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a weird issue where the display of the Photoshop window seems to change randomly when I click. It only happens in PS, not any other app I'm using. I'm on a Macbook, checked the Display settings but didn't see anything useful, also I have not changed any display settings recently.
Hard to explain what I mean, so I did a screen recording. You can see that when I use the brush tool, the whole screen seems to change appearance. Sometimes also happens when I change layers or otherwise interact with my file. Super annoying! Anyone run into this before?

https://youtu.be/ORnhiGBGSJA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen only in Photoshop? If so, I would consider resetting the defaul preferences in Photoshop. This often fixes unusual behavior:

Reset Photoshop Preferences 

You might want to back up your preferences file first, just in case that wasn't the issue:

Photoshop Preference File Locations 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I really doubt that either the system ICC profile (for the disoplay system) or the document profile is changing when you use the brush. 

Something amiss in Photoshop, so, yes try a preferences reset 

You may like to try a reset of the preferences in Photoshop and let us know how it goes:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. Migrate presets, actions, and settings

I hope this helps

if so, please "like" my reply and if you're OK now, please mark it as "correct", so that others who have similar issues can see the solution

thanks

neil barstow, colourmanagement.net :: adobe forum volunteer

[please do not use the reply button on a message within the thread, only use the blue reply button at the top of the page, this maintains the original thread title and chronological order of posts]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines