• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color profile download page not loading

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, hopefully I'm in the right place here (probably not XD).

I'd like to download the color profile Working CMYK U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2, but it looks like the download page on Adobe isn't working anymore. Was this option discontinued?

The page is accessed through here: https://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/iccprofiles/iccprofiles_win.html

I clicked on ICC profile downloads for End Users and agreed to the terms, but the next page won't load at all. I've tried it on Firefox and Chrome--both of which are up to date. Is there any current page where I can download this color profile?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Then you can find the profile in C > Windows > system32 > spool > drivers > color. That's the standard system folder where all icc profiles go - and where all applications find them if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you actually have Photoshop installed? Then you also have US Web Coated SWOP. It's installed with the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do, yes. At least the CC version, not the older standalone CS versions. Wish I could have bought CS6 before it was discontinued, but like most 19-year-olds back in 2012, I didn't have that kind of money. XD

I have kind of a roundabout process for creating images for print in which I used a seperate software to actually create the image--because it's a lot more intuitive for me than Photoshop and easier to navigate. I don't do a ton of digital art at this point in my life, and when I do I really take my time. Like, the last book cover I did took me almost a year from start to finish. XD Thankfully it wasn't for a client or anything--it was just a hobby project. I use Photoshop for finalizing the document and saving as a PDF (since the printing company I publish through only accepts PDFs for book covers. Also, the bar codes get anti-aliased in the software I use, so I have to fix them in Photoshop before sending them off to the printer).

I know it's not the most economical or logical way to do this, and if I were doing this as a profession I would definitely be working exclusively with Photoshop, but...for what I do, it works for me. Art isn't really my main hobby anymore, as you can probably gather.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you can find the profile in C > Windows > system32 > spool > drivers > color. That's the standard system folder where all icc profiles go - and where all applications find them if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! That helps. Is the file name just USWebCoatedSWOP.icc? I don't see v2 in the name, but that's the closest match so I assume that's what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Same issue here with the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem.  The automated help is not capable of recognizing the term "adobe rgb 1998 color profile".  Please advise whether adobe has discontinued support on this color profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@davida49159539 wrote:

I am having this same problem.  The automated help is not capable of recognizing the term "adobe rgb 1998 color profile".  Please advise whether adobe has discontinued support on this color profile.

The profile is named: Adobe RGB (1998) and it is always installed by a number of Adobe products including Photoshop. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines