Color selector problem picking up color

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually when I select a color from the palettes I made the color selector changed for the foreground color, but now, I don't now why, when I do the same thing the color selector use the background color and so I have to reverse the color selector every time I change color

TOPICS
FAQ, Problem or error, Windows

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please explain exactly what you mean when you say "palettes". A screen shot could be very helpful.

Are you by any chance holding down the Alt/Option key while using the Eyedropper Tool? This key is what allows you to sample a new background colour as opposed to sampling a new foreground colour (default).

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the Color panel. If you clickon either of the swatches in the upper left corner, it will make that the "active" color. They are highlighted, but is rather subtle.

Foreground Color:

Semaphoric_0-1613966662583.png

Background Color:

Semaphoric_1-1613966708104.png

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines