• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color Shift Going going from LR to PS using Benq Monitor

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently started editing in LR and PS using a Benq monitor connected to an iMac.

When I do edit-in from LR to go to PS the colors in PS do not match the ones in LR. I have PS set to Prophoto RGB. 

Monitor was recently calibrated. 

If I move the PS panel to the iMac and back to the Benq the color problem appears to be corrected.

Thoughts? 

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, this is a problem that seems to affect some users with MacBook Pro/iMac + external display.

What happens is that the wrong monitor profile is used. Some users have reported that setting the external as main display has solved it.

I don't have any links handy right now, but there's been a lot of threads about this, both here and in the feedback forum. The underlying problem appears to be how displays are assigned by the video card and operating system, on systems that have an integrated display. It happens exclusively on MBP/iMac + external, it has never been reported from desktop systems with multiple displays.

It has previously been seen on some Windows laptops as well (not recently) - but that reinforces the working assumption that it's the integrated display that messes this up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines