• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Color Table' defects at 'SAVE WEB LEGACY'

Participant ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm stuck with a problem at photoshop cc, the time I open 'SAVE WEB LEGACY' > Presets: GIF > COLORS: 256 (when I change it to NUMBER 3) > COLOR TABLE goes blank(Doesn't show me the required 3 colors as directed), what will be the best solution for it? A helping hand will be appreciated

The first image shows the 256 colors with the Colors in COLOR TABLE

color256.png

THE SECOND IMAGE SHOWS "COLORS: 3" but no sign of the 3 colors at the COLOR TABLE

color3.png

Daniel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I can't replicate it - what happens when you change the colour reduction algorithm from Selective to one of the others?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's the issue I'm facing now, I was going through a tutorial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epPOrHG6SnE&list=PLKuDZOGRFruwJ9U05x9uaHjgWdxOAfRgY&index=57&t=74s...Here he showed how to steal color grading from another image when he changed the amount of the colors (256) to (3) the color table had only 3 colors but when I tried to do it, didn't work? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I happen to watch the same tutorial on youtube and face with the same problem as author wrote. I accidentally delete all color table and found a solution to bring it back. I hope it may help. Once you open your save for web windows check on your preset setting to [unnamed] setteing below the preset box as Gif and Perceptual as follow. On the right side of Perceptual. It will appear Colors: 256 as the first picture. Then you can change setting from perceptual to custom and you customized your own color table as second picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look...COLORS: 3 ​but on the detail list it's still showing up ​256 colors...Did you notice that?​

Cheers,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did notice and I can't replicate it. Hence my question.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shows a blank ​COLOR TABLE...​as shown in the second image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not seeing anything unusual. My copy of Photoshop is CC 2019 ver 20.0.5 for the Mac and I tried the image you downloaded.

Is it the same for any image you feed into it or just this one?  It is quite large, like something from a DSLR

Since you are on Creative Cloud, you can also install CC 2018 and see if the problem persists.

If you want to try resetting Save for Web, hold down the Alt key on your keyboard, Cancel will change to Reset. Just click on it.

And if course Photoshop Reset

Just a few things to try. I've been using Ps for 20 years, first I've seen this. So just giving you a few "do no harm" tips.

Reset Prefs CC 2015.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still didn't work. I really don' know what's going on...The time I change the 'COLORS: 3' the 'COLOR TABLE' SHOWS NOTHING(NOT A SINGLE COLOR INSIDE THE BOX). Hope, you're getting me.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel, Yes I did get your message and your screenshots show the problem.

I've made a couple of suggestions. What have you tried so far?

Also, go to Help > System info in Photoshop and copy/paste the contents into your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Daniel,

I am exactly having the same problem. 

Did you find what is the problem you are having ? And any solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having a similar issue where color table was not displaying using Save for the Web and attemping to save a transparent black and white PNG.  The following steps worked for me.

Layers > Flatten Image

Image > Mode > Indexed

Export > Save for Web

Color Table is now displayed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work for me. What settings did you enter in Indexed? 

Anyone else find a solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Save for Web and choose PNG-8 as the Optimized File Format

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked.Thanks!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I found the solution to get back the color table, hope this will help you if you haven't get it back.

Try to save for web, then "preset= unnamed" > change it as "GIF restrictive", you will get back your color pallet, then you can change the number as you want, you will get those color. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I had the same issue. I just did what Cory below stated about flattening, saving as indexed image and I put the colors as 256 in the index then when I changed it to 3 when saving for web it showed! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Daniel, why are you making a GIF at more than 4000 x 3000 pixels?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He's not. As he stated it is part of a color conversion in the video he linked. I too am having the same problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines