• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors assigned to the layer stack

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You give us 5 colours, plus grey and "no colour" to label layers. This isn't good enough. I don't want to have to read the label I've named on each layer. I want to assign a colour of my choosing to fit the way I want to organise things. Why can you not allow any colour to be assigned from the palette menu? There are millions of colours there, but you only give us 5 to assign to layers. I need more!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Suggestions should be posted in the feedback site

Adobe Photoshop Family

Meanwhile  22 million people are using Photoshop, so it is not exactly failing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...And by the way, instead of [cursing removed by moderator] around with 3D & web nonsense, why don't you take another look at the core aspect of the program? Why can't we warp more than one layer at a time? Why does Liquify need a separate window, instead of doing the business within the layer relative to any other layer we can see. Come on you guys, this hasn't changed for 15 years!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davids84228917  Why can't we warp more than one layer at a time?

To clarify: although you can't use Transform > Warp on multiple layers, it should be noted that the "Warp Text" feature works on multiple Type layers and always has. You didn't specify which Warp.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes...I know that you can't use Transform > Warp on multiple layers. I'm not interested in text. Just images. All I'm trying to suggest is that this should be possible by now. This hasn't changed in the 18 years that this has been available. It should be an improved feature. I don't understand whay any other  PS user would solicit kickback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What sort of warp do you want to apply?  If it could be done with Liquify for instance, then you can save the mesh and apply to other layers.  You can still warp multiple layers by making them a Smart Object, and that seems like the safest aproach anyway as you keep the option to edit the individual layers.  Otherwize why wouldn't you simply merge the layers you want to warp.

If you could be more specific about what you want to achieve, then maybe we can come up with solutions or workarounds.

Regards colour coding layers, its a great feature that most of us use all the time, but we have other ways to organise things like groups, Smart Objects, and linked layers.  There have been times when I would have liked more colour options like when moving multiple objects independently in frame animations.  It can be tricky linking the right layers to the right frames, but starting again with red when you get to violet.  Those six levels of separation mean I only have to be in the right ball park to select the matching layers.

Another possible solution would be a bulk layer renaming extension.  The Adobe one stopped working several updates back, but there is an alternative by Yu-KATO.  It's something I have been intending to track down for ages, so I have taken this opertunity, and contacted Yu KATO and asked if his extension still works with current Photoshop versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

We are users and do not work for Adobe. You can put in a feature request to Adobe here: https://feedback.photoshop.com/

It's best to make each feature a separate request.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jane. Not very constructive though I have to say. We all know that people at Adobe read these. However, as optimistic as I was, your link just takes me to the same place I was in the first place when I posted this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey... Instead of messing around with Photoshop, adding 3D that can be better done with other software, or more web based stuff, how about addressing the core program? We should be able to warp more than one layer at once with a selection and multiple layers chosen. We also don't need a separate window opened when we liquify something. It should be able to be carried out within the layer and with other layers visible while we liquify. Come on guys, we've moved on since 15 years ago!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggestions should be posted in the feedback site

Adobe Photoshop Family

Meanwhile  22 million people are using Photoshop, so it is not exactly failing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Meanwhile  22 million people are using Photoshop, so it is not exactly failing."  That's a really constructive thing to say. It's really helping my problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Christ...There's a real issue here, otherwise I wouldn't be posting it. Why would you want to dismiss it with such a comment? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As well as raising feature requests at the site given above.

"We should be able to warp more than one layer at once with a selection and multiple layers chosen"

In the meantime you can use smart objects

"We also don't need a separate window opened when we liquify something. It should be able to be carried out within the layer and with other layers visible while we liquify."

To show other layers in the liquify workspace click on "Show Backdrop"

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this already.You're missing the point though, sorry to say. A separate window shouldn't have to be opened. It should be possible ideally within the layer. Are you working for Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No we do not work for Adobe we are volunteer Photoshop users. As pointed out by Trevor, you can raise feature requests at the link below , where they will be seen by Adobe staff.
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smart Objects? Erm, no. That doesn't work I'm afraid. Before aguing it might be worth understanding what I'm trying to do with the software. Nothing less that what should be inuative. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

intuative

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often have to use huge layer stacks order to be able to make quick changes on the fly for clients who change their minds. As such, any extra tricks to organise and recognise layers at a glance is a massive help.

Grouping layers is fine and CAPITALISING written labels helps too. The thing I use the most though are the color labels, of which there are only seven (or eight if you count none at all). I have a system whereby each color has a consistent specific purpose, which leaves me just two alternate ones to switch between for random labelling. Why just limit them to seven? Sure, by all means keep the default colors, but why not have the option to access swatches and/or indeed apply any color you choose? Ideally I would like to assign, say, different shades of one or another to indicate subtle differences in meaning. What better way is there to organise things at a glance?  In the Foundry’s “Nuke” for example, you can create labels of any color at all in your node tree. SO useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davids84228917 wrote:

Why just limit them to seven? Sure, by all means keep the default colors, but why not have the option to access swatches and/or indeed apply any color you choose?

That's a great idea! Can you start a new thread and tag it as "Ideas" instead of "Discussions"?

This thread was started before the feedback forum was merged with this one, btw, so earlier references in this thread to that forum no longer apply.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines