• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors not exporting correctly in Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just began 2 days ago, when exporting files and placing them in web files, the background codes don't match.  This isn't a monitor problem as it is also an issue when viewing on a mobile phone. They show as too blue, too yellow, too green, etc. and I've tried all of the export options.

Screenshot 2020-11-14 112024.jpg

The only workaround at the moment is to save everything in png with transparent background, but that's not always ideal.  I can't always quickly edit and get clean edges on some of my content.

Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the original image’s Color Space? 

How exactly do you export? 

Do you convert to sRGB when exporting? 

Do you embed the Profile when exporting? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried switching up all options I see available for color space and all options for exporting. Will it help to provide my current settings, since I've been changing them all day, or are there suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give the exact settings you are currently using. 

And what is the image’s Color Space? Please set the Status Bar to »Document Profile« and post a screenshot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likely a color management problem in that you may have inadvertently enabled some such function without your workflow actually being CM'ed, this causing a mess when different sources are mixed. That or potential hardware acceleration issues. Impossible to tell based on such vague and generic info. Start by checking your color settings in PS, check your monitor settings, your graphics driver and so on.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work every day and haven't changed anything at all.  My info is vague and generic.  I am not a hardware or computer set-up pro, just marketing design for 20 ys. and haven't had these issues in the past. I've checked color settings and monitor settings and so on, but since they worked before, why not now?   Do you actually have any suggestions for settings? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For web use, there are two simple rules:

• convert to sRGB
  • always embed the color profile

Done, that's it.

The one pitfall here is that Export and Save For Web don't embed the profile at default settings. You have to check the box manually. Make it a habit to take a look at that checkbox every time. Export tends to not remember this.

Photoshop's default color settings are safe. Don't change anything there.

To view the exported file correctly, you need to use a web browser / photo viewer that supports color management. All major web browsers today do, with a very few special cases. Photo viewers is a different story, and the most widely used, Windows "Photos", is not color managed. It will never display correctly, ever, under any circumstances. You can still use it if you wish, as long as it's clearly understood that you cannot trust what it shows you. It can not be used as reference for anything. It's wrong.

As long as the file is sRGB, it should still display roughly right even without color management. Not correctly, but close enough. This depends on the monitor in use, but most of them are close enough to sRGB natively so that it won't be too far off.

The short answer to your question is that this is why color management was invented. This is the problem it solves. You just need to take a few precautions to not break it. Color management is a chain from source to destination and it needs to be unbroken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines