• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour Grading extremely sluggish in Photoshop

Contributor ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed all latest upgrades for Photoshop ACR and Lightroom Classic All working ok in Lightroom. including the new Colour Gradient tool. However the Colour Gradient in ACR in Photoshop very sluggish and in fact useless. There is some change showing in the histogram, but when I try to make changes it is so slow as to be useless and the cursor disappears.

This is a high spec pc running fully updated Windows 10 and was ok until this upgrade ..see attachments

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020
Thank you. It was a very good thought, but unfortunately it did not resolve the problem. I deactivated my Acronis AP and rebooted, but PS CR Color Grading remains just as sluggish.

I’d certainly appreciate any other suggestions. I wasn’t even aware of that Acronis AP was running. Could there be anything else in the background that might be causing this sort of problem?

Thank you, again.

Paul Hoburg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor , Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

It has nothing to do with the graphics card. the same problem occurs on three of my pcs and this one where I have changed my graphics card.

The problem is with Acronis 2021 and its Active Protection. A year ago this Active Protection could be turned off and that resolved the problem. Now it is fully integrated with Acronis 2021 and once installed cannot be turned off to resolve the problem. The only way is to delete Acronis 2021. Shame really as it is a good program for doing what it supposed to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue.  I also have a high spec pc.  There is something wrong with this release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2020 Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

We are so sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

Check to see if it might be an incompatibility with your Graphics Processor card. Here is a link to the "known issues" page that will walk you through the steps of turning it off. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#ProgramErroropeningfiles

Let us know if that works or if you are still having the issue?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has nothing to do with the graphics card. the same problem occurs on three of my pcs and this one where I have changed my graphics card.

The problem is with Acronis 2021 and its Active Protection. A year ago this Active Protection could be turned of and that resolved the problem. Now it ia fully integrated with Acronis 2021 and once installed cannot be turned off to resolve the problem. The only way is to delete Acronis 2021. shame really as it is a good program for doing what it supposed to be for. Not a antimalware program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michelle,

First of all, thank you for the very prompt response. I am still having the problem so let me provide some additional information.

The attached screen capture shows my graphics card, which would appear to be up to the task. My computer (a Dell XPS) is only around a year old and I have 64 gig of RAM.

Perhaps most interesting is that the color grading feature appears to work normally in Lightroom, without a sluggish response. In PS when I open a file in Camera Raw color grading is so sluggish as to be useless. When I use the CR filter in PS color grading is a little faster, but is still very slow as compared to LR.

My workaround obviously is to use this feature just in LR, but I’m hoping you provide additional insights.

Thank you again,

Paul Hoburg
2518 Hobbits Lane
Davidsonville, MD 21035
410-798-5664 (Home)
410-798-0543 (Fax)
443-871-8391 (Mobile)
phoburg@outlook.com

Paul Hoburg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul!

Thanks for the response! I am so glad you wrote because I found this thread that I am hoping will be your answer also. Check this out: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/camera-raw-13-color-grading-very-slow-and-lagging/td-p/1154...

I hope this works for you as well! Let us know?

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It was a very good thought, but unfortunately it did not resolve the problem. I deactivated my Acronis AP and rebooted, but PS CR Color Grading remains just as sluggish.

I’d certainly appreciate any other suggestions. I wasn’t even aware of that Acronis AP was running. Could there be anything else in the background that might be causing this sort of problem?

Thank you, again.

Paul Hoburg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem is with Acronis 2021 and its Active Protection. A year ago this Active Protection could be turned off and that resolved the problem. Now it is fully integrated with Acronis 2021 and once installed cannot be turned off to resolve the problem. The only way is to delete Acronis 2021. Shame really as it is a good program for doing what it supposed to be for. Not a antimalware program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines