Highlighted

Colour Lookup Problem in Photoshop CC 20161012R

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I didn't have this problem until recently I updated my Windows 10 to the latest version.

4 of the colour lookups in 3DLUT does not work and it blacks my screen, including 2 strip, 3 strip, bleach bypass, soft warming. The rest works just fine.

Untitled-1.jpg

I tried every solution I saw online. Resetting the preference, disable the graphic processor, set advanced setting to basic, update my Windows and my processor driver to the latest version, even reinstall Photoshop still doesn't solve the problem.

What am I missing here?

Correct answer by jeffreychao | Community Beginner

Ok. So I was in the live chat with an extremely nice engineer trying to solve the problem.

We had tried everything you would find online.

Re-install PS, reset preference, disable graphic processor, and etc.

In the process, we figured that it is definitely not the hardware problem.

And my software and drivers are up to date.

Just when we about to get to the no-solution end, we decided to try the ultimate solution: Enable Compatibility Mode.

I'm using Windows 10, so I don't know how other platforms work. Here is how-to:

1. Go to the folder when you install Photoshop.

2. Right click on Photoshop.exe and choose 'properties'.

3. Find 'Compatibility Mode' under Compatibility, checked the box for 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:' and choose 'Windows 7'.

In the setting section, check 'Disable display scaling on high DPI settings' and 'Run this program as an administrator', and click apply then close it.

4. Re-open Photoshop and see whether it works.

I hope this solves your problem as well as it has bugged me for a long time!

If you have any more question, hit me with a message:

http://m.me/Jeffeography

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Colour Lookup Problem in Photoshop CC 20161012R

Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I didn't have this problem until recently I updated my Windows 10 to the latest version.

4 of the colour lookups in 3DLUT does not work and it blacks my screen, including 2 strip, 3 strip, bleach bypass, soft warming. The rest works just fine.

Untitled-1.jpg

I tried every solution I saw online. Resetting the preference, disable the graphic processor, set advanced setting to basic, update my Windows and my processor driver to the latest version, even reinstall Photoshop still doesn't solve the problem.

What am I missing here?

Correct answer by jeffreychao | Community Beginner

Ok. So I was in the live chat with an extremely nice engineer trying to solve the problem.

Just when we about to get to the no-solution end, we decided to try the ultimate solution: Enable Compatibility Mode.

3. Find 'Compatibility Mode' under Compatibility, checked the box for 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:' and choose 'Windows 7'.

In the setting section, check 'Disable display scaling on high DPI settings' and 'Run this program as an administrator', and click apply then close it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 11, 2016 2
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 11, 2016 7
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks jeffreychao

it worked fine for me!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 15, 2016 1
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are so welcome! Glad that worked out for you as well

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 18, 2016 0
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey foks,

It just worked fine for me as well. Now I understood, best OS is win 7 & not Mac for PS. Thanks for sharing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 17, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey glad it helped! Haha yeah that's what I've been sticking to Windows. Sometimes its just easier to solve the problem. Mac could be really complicated at times.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 17, 2017 1
lrose73 LATEST
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now in 2020 still the same issue here on Windows 10 1909 with PS v21.1.0. For me it was enough to activate Windows 7 compatibility mode, nothing else.

Thx!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 01, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!! I was having trouble with this for ages... I installed and uninstalled it a couple of times, nothing worked. I followed your post and instructions and IT WORKED!!!

Thank you. 😃

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha! You are so welcome      

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 07, 2017 0
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you SOOOO much for this one! Saved me a bunch of time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 10, 2017 0
Explorer ,
Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this finally fixed the problem but now I get that loud warning noise and a pop up to authorize PS to make changes each and every single time I open something, how do I get rid of that?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 20, 2017 0