• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour picker query

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to use the colour picker to pick a colour from outside of Photoshop. But when I move the cursor outside of the Photoshop window, the only colours it picks up are thos of the desktop image, not the window I am hovering over. If I put the cursor over a window, it ignores that and goes straight to the underlying desktop image to select the colour. Is this what has always happened?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Ok

Could you check if you have access to record your screen

System Preferences / Security & Privacy / Privacy TAB / Screen Recording and check if Photoshop is there

LMK

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

you can open the color picker and click and hold outside the color picker (but not outside the Photoshop interface) holded, and then drag outside the PS interface to any part of your computer

LMK if that works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

No, this is exactly what is not working. I click in the Photoshop interface to get things started, but the moment I drag outside the Photoshop window, the picker only picks from the desktop image, not from any windows I might hover over. If I hover over a colour in another window, it ignores that colour and picks up the colour of the desktop image underneath. If there is a specific colour I want to use, I have to set the image with that colour in it to be my desktop image - that way I can pick from it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok

Could you check if you have access to record your screen

System Preferences / Security & Privacy / Privacy TAB / Screen Recording and check if Photoshop is there

LMK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I do. I'll create a quick recording to demonstrate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - so switching on the screen recording for Photoshop has fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now is working? 

Please let me know and please close the question if that is the case

Take care

E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it is working now. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines