• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Common problem with a twist [RAW File Not Found — OSX High Sierra]

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've read multiple forum posts answering this question and I've done the solutions and they don't work for me. Here is the question:

I'm trying to import a RAW file into Photoshop and I get the following error: Could not complete your request because the file was not found.

The solution is to update your Camera RAW CC app. Mine says it is up to date.

The next solution is to check if your camera is on the list of approved cameras. Yes, it is. I can't import files that I imported into my old version of Photoshop.

Next, make sure Photoshop is up to date. It is up to date.

The last solution is (I'm on a Mac) to open the image in Preview and save as a .jpg. That defeats the purpose of shooting in RAW and gets rid of color correction options.

What can I do now? Do I need to delete the Camera RAW CC or something and re-download? I know this is a really common question but I can't seem to find a solution.

Stephen Smith

[Link removed by moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Could this all be a licensing issue as opposed to a technical issue? Is your subscription up to date? Even if it is, does your software believe it is? Try signing out and then back into Creative Cloud. Perhaps reach out to Adobe to confirm everything is ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What number version of Photoshop?

What version number of Camera Raw?

What model camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And which version of OSX?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What number version of Photoshop? = Photoshop CC 2019 (v20.0.3)

What version number of Camera Raw? = Version 11.2.0.135

What model camera? = Canon 1DX Mark 2

OS = MacOS 10.13.2

[Please stop linking to your site - Mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info.

So when you say import into Photoshop, do you mean from the Finder, or Open from Photoshop, or import from Lightroom, or what? 

If Lightroom, do you have Photoshop open before sending from Lightroom?

What happens if you double click (or whatever it is you Mac types do) the file in Finder, or right click and open?

It has an OS ring to it I'm thinking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor,

If I double click on the image in the finder it will open up Photoshop and give me the "Could not complete your request because the file was not found" error. If Photoshop is open and I double click on the image in the finder I get the same error. If in Photoshop I go to File and then open I get the same error. If in the finder if I right click and choose Photoshop in the Open with the option I get the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue, caused by a bug in Camera RAW and working off a server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lumigraphics,

I am working off a QNAP (server). However, if I drag the image to my desktop I still have the same problem. A problem I didn't have until I updated to Photoshop 2019. Any ideas on how to fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't already you might want to try using Bridge as another way to open your RAW file.

Camera Raw (Photoshop)

Doubling clicking a RAW file in Bridge will open that file in Camera Raw. Note that this Camera Raw is tied to Photoshop with the word "Photoshop" in the menu. Clicking the Open Object or Open Image button will then open the image in Photoshop.

Camera Raw (Bridge)

Back in Bridge it is possible to right mouse click on a RAW file and choose "Open in Camera Raw". Note that this Camera Raw is tied to Bridge with the words "Adobe Bridge" in the menu. Like before, clicking the Open Object or Open Image button will still open the image in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael,

I have never used Bridge before and just installed it. When I right click on the image and says to open in Camera RAW I get the error "Camera RAW editing is not enabled. Camera RAW editing required that a qualifying product has been licensed." I found the Adobe help article and followed the suggested steps and it didn't do anything to change the situation. Is it possible to just delete and re-install the Camera RAW app? Or do you have a different suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you run Photoshop and open a RAW file directly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could this all be a licensing issue as opposed to a technical issue? Is your subscription up to date? Even if it is, does your software believe it is? Try signing out and then back into Creative Cloud. Perhaps reach out to Adobe to confirm everything is ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Michael,

My software has been paid for all the way up to December. However, when I signed out of Adobe Creative Cloud and then signed back in Photoshop worked. Thanks, I would have never thought about trying that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent. I love it when the dumb solutions work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines