• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Comparing Image Quality in CC vs CS6

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a CS6 (and Lightroom 6) holdout. Having recently upgraded to windows 10 my old programs still seem to work, but the performance is somewhat lacking. I understand there has been a world of new features added to both PS and LR since CS6, but speaking strictly from a image quality standpoint (not compositing etc.) is there a significant advantage to running the latest CC app?  Will the same file look better after similar processing in CC or the latest Lightroom? Thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's about what you can do with the image and how efficiently. The quality of your work; not the quality of the image as such.

So yes, the image may well look better in a newer version, because there are better tools to do better work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's logical. Being able to control things more accurately ie. making selections etc. would lead to better looking images. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It should also be said that if you're using ACR or Lightroom to process raw files from a camera, then improved raw processing will in fact improve the quality of the pixel data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image quality should not change you will have the same pixels you had in the past.  However, you may  now be able to process your images pixels better using new features and improvements in newer version of Photoshop.   ACR 12.4 and 13.1 are much better then ACR 9.1.1 you use in CS6.  Some of the improvement in content aware and other feature  make life easier and you image development better. 

Adobe always release Photoshop before it ready for use you should at least install the latest two version  of Photoshop.  Photoshop 2020 version 21.2.4 and Photoshop 2021 version 22.1.   Photoshop 21.2.4 is very stable and and has few issues. Most likely the issues will not impact your work.   Photoshop 2021 has issues and Adobe has identified some they are working on.  Adobe also broke the Line tool in Photoshop 2021 they changed it to be somewhat like AI line tool I think.   It would be better if the line tool could draw lines in Photoshop.  The 3d feature also has new issues not noted by Adobe.  https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html#ps-desktop 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your comments about ACR are spot on. As it is I have to convert many of my camera files to DNGs in order to work with them in CS6. I've been largely successful finding work arounds for various processes but there comes a point where you have to recognize what you're compromising by clinging to the past. Appreciate your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines