Completely flat, hard, uniform brush possible?

Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

Please cast your eyes over the image below.

I'm trying to create a big, completely flat brush for quickly drawing in rectangles.

But i can't get rid of that soft border at the top and bottom.

Is it in possible in PS to do this?

I'm aware there's a dedicated rectangle tool, but (for creating art) it's a different vibe and feeling to draw in stuff "live" as opposed to click and drag out a shape.

Thanks!

Capture.PNG

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Completely flat, hard, uniform brush possible?

Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks,

Please cast your eyes over the image below.

I'm trying to create a big, completely flat brush for quickly drawing in rectangles.

But i can't get rid of that soft border at the top and bottom.

Is it in possible in PS to do this?

I'm aware there's a dedicated rectangle tool, but (for creating art) it's a different vibe and feeling to draw in stuff "live" as opposed to click and drag out a shape.

Thanks!

Capture.PNG

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 01, 2021 0
Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Pencil tool, rather than the Brubsh.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 01, 2021 0
Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that works!

I also need to do it with the mixer brush, but i worked out you can just make your own brush with a rectangle.

One thing that's strange with that is that if i make my own brush, then scale it down a lot (using [ & ]), the color it draws becomes lighter. I guess that's because the brush scales in thickness as well as length.

Would anyone happen to know how to prevent this? Either by forcing a brush to paint only one solid color, regardless of brush scale, or to restrict brush scaling to only one dimension?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 02, 2021 0
Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»One thing that's strange with that is that if i make my own brush, then scale it down a lot (using [ & ]), the color it draws becomes lighter.«

When scaling a Sampled Brush tip you have to expect softened edges (if any) due to the resampling, but that should not make a Stroke »lighter«, so could you please post a screenshots taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Brush Settings, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 02, 2021 0