Highlighted

computer & hard drive freeze when open or even just click a photoshop file

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, I have a fairly big Photoshop file (about 140MB) and whenever I click to open it, everything just freezes and the hard drive gets ejected automatically. I've tried to change the photoshop setting, purge everything, reboot the computer, delete computer caches, really everything I could try. Every other file works totally normal as usual, it happens only when I click this specific file. I've tried to click it on Mac PC, Macbook Pro, and Windows PC just to make sure it's not the computer problem.

I've been fighting with this for the last three days and at this point, I JUST WANT TO DELETE THE FILE BUT EVEN THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE SINCE WHEN I CLICK THE FILE, IT FREEZES. I also couldn't send a report or anything because I can't even click it.

I've been using Photoshop since 7.0 and such a thing never happened before. Please assist me on how to delete the file.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, How to, Mac, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

computer & hard drive freeze when open or even just click a photoshop file

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There, I have a fairly big Photoshop file (about 140MB) and whenever I click to open it, everything just freezes and the hard drive gets ejected automatically. I've tried to change the photoshop setting, purge everything, reboot the computer, delete computer caches, really everything I could try. Every other file works totally normal as usual, it happens only when I click this specific file. I've tried to click it on Mac PC, Macbook Pro, and Windows PC just to make sure it's not the computer problem.

I've been fighting with this for the last three days and at this point, I JUST WANT TO DELETE THE FILE BUT EVEN THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE SINCE WHEN I CLICK THE FILE, IT FREEZES. I also couldn't send a report or anything because I can't even click it.

I've been using Photoshop since 7.0 and such a thing never happened before. Please assist me on how to delete the file.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze, How to, Mac, Performance, Problem or error, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 28, 2020 0

Have something to add?