Highlighted

Computer crashes when "save as" in Photoshop

New Here ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting crazy about this problem, every 2nd time i save a photo using "save as" my computer freezes and then crashes. I just formatted my Mac Mini and installed everything again and i'm running all the latest updates, i'm saving my files on a new external Lacie Rugged 4TB. Please help!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Computer crashes when "save as" in Photoshop

New Here ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting crazy about this problem, every 2nd time i save a photo using "save as" my computer freezes and then crashes. I just formatted my Mac Mini and installed everything again and i'm running all the latest updates, i'm saving my files on a new external Lacie Rugged 4TB. Please help!

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More info: it never crashes when i save a photo using command-s for saving while working, it only crashes while using the "Save as" window, which i do have to use quite often. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop and OS?

Have you tried resetting your Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running PS 21.1.1 and OS Catalina 10.15.4

Just tried to reset my preferences now, i'll see if it works. Thanks for the feedback! 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work, still crashing. I had 5 crashes this afternoon while working

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 02, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having exactly the same issue. Any update on what the cause may have been?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 27, 2020 0